• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Marvel Comics Presents 72

10 posts in this topic

To clarify why I posted this, I'm just trying to get a sense of how books in different conditions will grade. All the 'spots' on the back are just an artifact from the scan and the little thing on the front side at the top on the left hand side was just a piece of lint. It seems to me that something like this would be 9.6-9.8?

Thanks everyone!

Okay here goes!smiley-greet013.gif

Front Cover:

Small tear on top LHS

Top RHS near the corner one (1) small inconspicuous "bump"

Bottom RHC chipped

Bottom LHC bindery tear

Spine has two (2) light rubs and three (3) spine stresses with one (1) that might be colour breaking (CB)

The rest of the front cover appears to be in excellent condition

Rear Cover:

Top, LHS and bottom edges all exhibit poor blade condition during the bindery process (jagged edges due to dull blade) - this would not effect the grade of this particular book.

Obvious bindery tears on the top and bottom spine corners.

Possible ink/colour smudge between Shanna'a feet and the word "Daredevil".

The spine does not exhibit any stress on the back of the book or any rubs (as was noted on the front of the book).

Over all I would grade this copy as 8.5. The tear on the top of the front cover is the biggest culprit in my opinion. Other opinions will most likely vary and it really boils down to personal preferences and what defects you find bother you the most. CGC however has grading standards that they, for the most part try to adhere to. Sometimes you question their grade score but when the dust settles they are the ones that have the book in their hands - we just get to see the scans!

Continue posting your books and myself and others would be happy to give you our thoughts and opinions! Just remember the rule is no more than three (3) books per day so as to give others the same opportunity!

Cheers!

Timsmiley-greet004.gif