• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scientific explanations of why reserve auctions don't work

243 posts in this topic

Re: NOVA

I would say the episode is far more relevant to the modern comic hype. It speaks more of bubbles. Walking Dead is considered by myself and many others to be a bubble. Rocket Raccoon's recent popularity is likely a bubble. If you take what the episode says and apply it to any situation where hype escalates to a frenzy, it seems much more useful.

Re: The Thread

It's amazing that a half dozen people with nothing to say on the topic filled up 18 pages with off topic comments and criticism. Is there a fear that intelligent conversation may emerge and disrupt all the insults?

DG

Clueless-Brittany-Murphy-Donald-Faison.jpeg

It is just a shame and disgraceful how you all treat Kav. I know him personally and he is a great person, smart, witty, and could add a lot to this board. You all are just jealous of how much he's learned in so short a time, and the fact that he won't back down from you bullies. I'm here to defend my buddy. Take it from me, he is not a shill, you can't prove a negative!
Merry Christmas to you

It's amazing that a half dozen people with nothing to say on the topic filled up 18 pages with off topic comments and criticism. Is there a fear that intelligent conversation may emerge and disrupt all the insults?

DG

:lol:

-slym

It is just a shame and disgraceful how you all treat Kav. I know him personally and he is a great person, smart, witty, and could add a lot to this board. You all are just jealous of how much he's learned in so short a time, and the fact that he won't back down from you bullies. I'm here to defend my buddy. Take it from me, he is not a shill, you can't prove a negative!

:roflmao:

-slym

I must admit. I find this all very amusing.

So... Kav exits stage right and a brand new guy shows up saying what a great guy is and (tsk) to everyone? hm

314yxko.gif

Re: NOVA

I would say the episode is far more relevant to the modern comic hype. It speaks more of bubbles. Walking Dead is considered by myself and many others to be a bubble. Rocket Raccoon's recent popularity is likely a bubble. If you take what the episode says and apply it to any situation where hype escalates to a frenzy, it seems much more useful.

DG

Clueless-Brittany-Murphy-Donald-Faison.jpeg

:applause:

So... Kav exits stage right and a brand new guy shows up saying what a great guy is and (tsk) to everyone? hm

314yxko.gif

We've never seen a guy like him before, remember? Now, there are two just like him.

:roflmao:

-slym

Haven't read much science in this thread…

Also, something about Walking Dead pops bubbles and Kav isn't cool (I actually don't know Kav, but I hate to miss a good hazing train).

”Grown-ups… are a strange breed! Their brains weigh close to three pounds, and that’s not three pounds of cheery delight!” — The Tick