• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helping a new collector out...

5 posts in this topic

Green Turtle on the cover. An interesting character.

Probably worth between $100 and $150. Not a common book but not really rare. Not a high demand book but a fun book to own.

Best tip I could give a new collector? Use Heritage Auctions to research book prices and rarity. Here's the results for Blazing Comics 1.

http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+790+231&chkNotSold=0&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=blazing+comics+1

Looks like Heritage has auctioned off about 9 copies. To see the final hammer price you'll have to create a free account - doesn't take long. Heritage's auction archives are invaluable as they have more than 1/2 million past comic auctions.

Buy what you like. $150 is very affordable for a mid grade GA (golden age). This is high enough grade I think you could easily sell it down the road as your collecting pref changes. Golden age is my favorite Era. I love the simplicity and art styles... I can see why you like this comic. Other tips: Study auctions and read old threads on this site... Its a treasure trove of info.

Good Luck

Scott