• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 - who do you want to get SS'd?

122 posts in this topic

Don Perlin

Doug Moench

Boris Vallejo

Julie Bell

Tom Palmer

Earl Norem

Good list - I'd take all of these. :headbang:

I would also like Bob Larkin and Ken Kelly.

And my all-time SS grail would be pick up a Frazetta slab.

I was in the right place right time this year for just that book. You never know....

During the 2014 SDCC, I am hoping for Frank Miller, some AVENGERS cast members, Groening. I would love to get another crack at Al Feldstein. A Basil Gogos sketch, another Wrightson sketch, & I need Gaiman on a book or two. As for the impossibles, Steven King and Steve Ditko.

My list

Killian Plunkett Unknown Soldier sketch

Larry Hama Cobra Saboteur sketch

Dan Jurgens Doomsday/Cyborg Superman/Superboy/Steel sketches

Billy Tucci Sgt. Rock sketch

Neal Adams sketch

Ethan Van Sciver Star Wars sketch

Brian Massa Star Wars sketch

Norm Breyfogle sketch

Autos

Any of the original Star Wars film actors.

Your lists are always pretty similar to mine bro hm Top of the list for me would be Stephen King, Steve Ditko, Robert Downey Jr, Al Pacino and Arnold Schwartzneggar.

I wanted to meet Stan Lee one last time, which looks like is happening though, as he's coming to the UK for his final show next year. Im excited to get a photo with him.

During the 2014 SDCC, I am hoping for Frank Miller, some AVENGERS cast members, Groening. I would love to get another crack at Al Feldstein. A Basil Gogos sketch, another Wrightson sketch, & I need Gaiman on a book or two. As for the impossibles, Steven King and Steve Ditko.

I don't think I realized Wrightson was hard to get. Seems like I've seen him at least a few times at Heroes and after I secure at least a single book I tend to move on to other artists. I didn't speak with him directly, other than to say hello and hand him some books while someone watched him sign, but I did stand and listen to him talk for awhile to others when I didn't have the witness with me. He's a great individual and artist.

I wanted to meet Stan Lee one last time, which looks like is happening though, as he's coming to the UK for his final show next year. Im excited to get a photo with him.

I have not heard anything about Stan Lee retiring from conventions and after reading this I tried Googling it. I still did not see anything. Where did you get that information from? I am very curious about this. Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't think I realized Wrightson was hard to get. Seems like I've seen him at least a few times at Heroes and after I secure at least a single book I tend to move on to other artists. I didn't speak with him directly, other than to say hello and hand him some books while someone watched him sign, but I did stand and listen to him talk for awhile to others when I didn't have the witness with me. He's a great individual and artist.

They are talking about sketches.

I have not heard anything about Stan Lee retiring from conventions and after reading this I tried Googling it. I still did not see anything. Where did you get that information from? I am very curious about this. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's his last UK appearance, information posted on website for con.

I personally haven't thought about making a list nor does one come to mind

This year I was able to get a JSC sketch and Ramos. Doug took some of my $$$ as I'm sure he did with other boardies Thanks to his many sketch opps.

I did make a goal so I guess I do have a tiny list for next year to get a herb trimpe and silvestri sketch. This might grow as '14 starts rolling

It's his last UK appearance, information posted on website for con.

(thumbs u Thanks Pirate, that is unfortunate news for the UK. I guess I get it though, I think he turns 91 in a less than two weeks.

Neil gaiman will surely have a book signing this year as he does every year.

Not that likely, actually - Gaiman posted numerous times both before & during his Ocean at the End of the Lane tour that this would be his last book signing tour. He's still going to do readings & the "An Evening with Neil Gaiman" events, but that's pretty much it.

On the Glorious Last US Booksigning Tour, with digressions onto Concorde and Australia

They’re exhausting, on a level that’s hard to believe. I love meeting people, but the sixth hour of signing, for people who have been standing in a line for seven hours, is no fun for anybody. (The last proper US signing I did, it lasted over 7 hours and I signed for over 1000 people. I'd suspect a lot of the signings on this tour will be like that, or bigger.)

So I’m going to try and make this tour the glorious last US book signing tour, and then stop doing book signing tours for good.