• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: LOT OF 7 CGC COMIC BOOKS INCLUDING STAN LEE AUTOGRAPH, AVENGERS,BATMAN

291 posts in this topic

What's the big deal? Seems the sales have been supposedly straightened out. And if the OP wasn't legit and the buyer paid with paypal, easy peasy dispute refund. Having $500 tied up for a month wouldn't be a big deal to me.
+1

agreed, however it's Friday and nothing else is brewing (yet)

The point is that it encourages scammers to come here and sell because the "community" is too busy stepping over each other to get to the Nigerian Prince waving handfuls of cash.

Which leads to people taking chances, which leads to more people feigning personal responsibility, which leads to more probation discussions, which leads to more butthurt, which leads to more people complaining about the sales area and how bad it is, which leads to more arguments......which leads to more locked threads.............which leads to more poi......... hm

You're right. It's all good. Carry on.

damm, bro, y ru so angree. its xmas. canned we al be kul?

What's the big deal? Seems the sales have been supposedly straightened out. And if the OP wasn't legit and the buyer paid with paypal, easy peasy dispute refund. Having $500 tied up for a month wouldn't be a big deal to me.
+1

The point is that it encourages scammers to come here and sell because the "community" is too busy stepping over each other to get to the Nigerian Prince waving handfuls of cash.

Which leads to people taking chances, which leads to more people feigning personal responsibility, which leads to more probation discussions, which leads to more butthurt, which leads to more people complaining about the sales area and how bad it is, which leads to more arguments......which leads to more locked threads.............which leads to more poi......... hm

Nail on the head :golfclap:

I'm waiting to hear about how the OP made a deal with both parties for the books separately, took off with cash from both of them, and never returned again.

On a serious note, bad move on jsilverjanets part to buy from a new seller argue about wanting the book then back out. I know everyone is looking for the best deal and if your going to take the risk of buying from new sellers at "Nigerian prince" prices those parties should be held to it.

I agree. I made that decision somewhat blinded by pride/ego in the heat of the moment.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I will still take the book if OP wants me to. But at last check, OP and HusTruck have already closed their deal. As far I know I am out of the book.

Park,

i cannot speak for anyone else, but if I take a chance like this i do it with the full understanding that it's my risk and fault when things don't pan out.

that being said, your points are valid and I do understand your concern etc for the sales thread.

I will consider that point of view moving forward and not take as many risks down the line. I had not thought about how my decisions impact the overall community and it's true we all have a responsibility when buying/selling here

thank you for pointing that out and your advice is taken. will be more responsible with my takeit's in the future

thanks!

:):foryou:

Taking risks isn't always a bad thing. I think personal responsibility is incredibly important and you just stepped up and owned it which is awesome. Seriously. :applause: There are so many here that won't do that.

Also, Jeffro is laughing his butt off at me being a points whore. :blush:

+1

:roflmao:

I am a filthy, dirty points whore.

:whee:

+1

There was seriousness, humor, sarcasm, self deprecation,honesty all wrapped up in one beautiful points laden ball and you go with angry?

Who keeps letting the hippie in here?

+1

There was seriousness, humor, sarcasm, self deprecation,honesty all wrapped up in one beautiful points laden ball and you go with angry?

Angry is the response I always seemed to get when I called someone out for being a scammer.

I'm tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes. I'm getting a haircut.

+1

Angry is the response I always seemed to get when I called someone out for being a scammer.

lol

+1

It's a Festivus miracle.

:whee:

:foryou:

+1

:roflmao: