• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC v. PGX?

55 posts in this topic

I think it's code...

No, not code. My brother's girl friend's, best friend's mom's, uncle's kid, got on my laptop and was fooling around, hitting random keys and that's just what posted. Honest mistake :whistle:

:roflmao:

Steve I recall that very same thing happen to your cell phone at SDCC. lol

I think it's code...

No, not code. My brother's girl friend's, best friend's mom's, uncle's kid, got on my laptop and was fooling around, hitting random keys and that's just what posted. Honest mistake :whistle:

:facepalm:

I think it's code...

:facepalm:

Kids. :tonofbricks:

PGX:

we offer you plenty of reasons to have your books graded by us.

Consistent, accurate grading of your comic books. Full restoration checks. Excellent customer service and faster turn-around times. Sounds good right?

The cost of PGX services are extremely reasonable. Beats the competition.

PGX designed and uses the best, top-quality comic book Holder in the business today.

No limits on the Fair Market Value of your books. We do not charge you based on the value of your books.

There IS another comic book grading company (CGC) that does an excellent job professionally grading comic books. However, we think a side-by-side comparison will convince you PGX is the obvious choice!

CGC is more reputable, ..... but in all honesty, PGX is a bit stiffer and harder with their end result..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

PGX:

Consistent, accurate grading of your comic books. Full restoration checks. Excellent customer service and faster turn-around times. Sounds good right?

PGX designed and uses the best, top-quality comic book Holder in the business today.

No limits on the Fair Market Value of your books. We do not charge you based on the value of your books.

There IS another comic book grading company (CGC) that does an excellent job professionally grading comic books. However, we think a side-by-side comparison will convince you PGX is the obvious choice!

CGC is more reputable, ..... but in all honesty, PGX is a bit stiffer and harder with their end result..... GOD BLESS....

By stiffer, you mean trimming, grading and selling their own books? (shrug)

PGX:

:gossip: I think he means .

PGX:

..... just a joke...... it's CGC for me all the way. GOD BLESS...

Buzzy has a IH181 PGX 6.5 that came back CGC 9.0 ( believe the book was pressed but still :o ) . True, an absolute miracle but I also recall a thread where several PGX books were sent to CGC only to come back with higher grades (straight resubs).

Not advocating PGX at all ( will NEVER buy a PGX book ), just saying ...

Buzzy has a IH181 PGX 6.5 that came back CGC 9.0 ( believe the book was pressed but still :o ) . True, an absolute miracle but I also recall a thread where several PGX books were sent to CGC only to come back with higher grades (straight resubs).

It's why I don't buy PGX. For lots of people a PGX 6.5 can become a CGC 9.0. For Ryan Elliott a CGC 8.5 becomes a PGX 9.4.

Either he knows exactly what defects PGX downgrades for more than CGC and uses that, or he just out and out puts what grade he wants on his own comics.

I bought a PGX book based on what the book looked like (not the label). Subbed to CGC and came back 2 grades higher. Because it was PGX and a lower grade I got a good deal on it. Not saying this would happen all the time, but I was pleased. Buy the book not the label, right?