• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer Hammering Again........

35 posts in this topic

I don't even bother visiting the CPG boards because of Hammer. He's not entertaining, and he's only (nominally) informative when it suits his purposes. It's sad that he's allowed to preach to the CPG congregation, given how naive a lot of the posters to those boards are.

I'm far from being CGC's biggest fan, but I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt on most issues, and when it comes to Hammer, if he ever had a valid point against CGC, it's all been obscured by the [#@$%!!!] he continually spews.

Just wondering: why hasn't someone, or some group of people, started a continual shill bidding operation against Comic-keys? Seems like it would be fairly easy to win all his auctions with shill accounts, or at least make his life miserable...

I don't even bother visiting the CPG boards because of Hammer. He's not entertaining, and he's only (nominally) informative when it suits his purposes. It's sad that he's allowed to preach to the CPG congregation, given how naive a lot of the posters to those boards are.

I'm far from being CGC's biggest fan, but I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt on most issues, and when it comes to Hammer, if he ever had a valid point against CGC, it's all been obscured by the [#@$%!!!] he continually spews.

Just wondering: why hasn't someone, or some group of people, started a continual shill bidding operation against Comic-keys? Seems like it would be fairly easy to win all his auctions with shill accounts, or at least make his life miserable...

Oh thats good "shill-bidding", have you ever thought about working for the government.

(who says it not happening now ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

Two wrongs don't make a right, grasshopper. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Wow - I didn't realize I'd stumbled into a tatting circle of the Moral Majority...? 893whatthe.gif

I guess I was really just asking whether this had been considered or tried in the past..?

And while the adage "two wrongs don't make a right" has generally struck me as correct, I've also been swayed by the ol' saying "you gotta fight fire with fire."

I suppose we'll simply continue to shout about Comic-keys and let the eBay police (talk about oxymorons) ensure that unwitting consumers' hard-earned $ doesn't end up in Danny D's pocket. foreheadslap.gif

Your frustration is understood. A friend of mine who occasionally checks the boards thought that with Forumite lawyers in regular attendance, that a case could be easily made against DD.

No such luck. You can buck the system, sadly.

what are you guys talking about? confused-smiley-013.gif he's still here. foreheadslap.gif

But not spouting the BS! So he can lurk in hidden identities all he wants, as long as we don't have to wade hip-deep through pages and pages of [#@$%!!!].