• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I`m going to see this movie with my nephew and his father who is my brother in law over the weekend.

My brother in law is an ex-jock that thinks most superhero movies are stupid(Last superhero movie he saw was Batman and Robin).

I have a bad feeling this FF movie will not help with this stereotype, and I`ll be hearing about it from him over the weekend.

:facepalm:

I`m going to see this movie with my nephew and his father who is my brother in law over the weekend.

My brother in law is an ex-jock that thinks most superhero movies are stupid(Last movie he saw was Batman and Robin).

I have a bad feeling this FF movie will not help with this stereotype, and I`ll be hearing about it from him over the weekend.

Aw, Damn. Wait, he's seriously never seen any of the modern superhero movies?

Think about this, if not for the sympathy of one reviewer this would be %0.

BTW It's now %17 14 percent.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

Updated it for you. FF 2015 is now well, well below Green Lantern's RT score of 26%, and is vying for the title of Worst Comic Book Film Ever Made. Thank you Mr. Trank. :acclaim:

This might be the best thing ever to happen for future super hero movies because they will now know better than to appease the pc crowd, and instead honor the comic book creator`s vision instead that most comic book fans wanted

So the Fantastic Four movie will be a sacrificial lamb, so other future comic book movies will now know better than to kiss the PC police crowd`s azz.

Sometimes change isn`t good.

;)

My brother in law is an ex-jock that thinks most superhero movies are stupid(Last movie he saw was Batman and Robin).

Aw, Damn. Wait, he's seriously never seen any of the modern superhero movies?

He`s a sports fanatic, even as a kid he never read comics.

He says he doesn`t get it.

His son was telling him how super heroes movies have changed and were much improved since the 1990s.

So he talked him into seeing this FF flick over the weekend.

lol

This might be the best thing ever to happen for future super hero movies because they will now know better than to appease the pc crowd, and instead honor the comic book creator`s vision instead that most comic book fans wanted

So the Fantastic Four movie will be a sacrificial lamb, so other future comic book movies will now know better than to kiss the PC police crowd`s azz.

;)

Huh??

The reviews (all 7 of them) have almost universally praised Jordan's performance.

Nearly all of them have also noted that this outing is better than FF 1 & 2, if only barely.

The film apparently has mad issues, chief amongst them inconsistent pacing & a lackluster pay-off / little emotional stakes.

None of that has anything to do with Johnny Storm's not being white.

Commenting on these things, despite being called negative for doing so, was a burden some of us were willing to share with the CGC 'community', to try and warn them of the empending TURD that was getting ready to be dropped on their head.

We weren't negative.

We were right.

For real? Forum members would have made their own decisions. It's just in this case the worries turned out to be true from the mass of poor reviews out now.

It's like the folks that mocked Ben Affleck being picked as Batman early in the BvS thread. Anyone mocking those last two trailers now? Or Suicide Squad when it was stated repeatedly from the early set photos it is going to be trash repeatedly. That SDCC trailer was spectacular.

;)

Huh??

The reviews (all 7 of them) have almost universally praised Jordan's performance.

Nearly all of them have also noted that this outing is better than FF 1 & 2, if only barely.

The film apparently has mad issues, chief amongst them inconsistent pacing & a lackluster pay-off / little emotional stakes.

It has a lot to do with Johnny Storm not being white, as that started this whole storm of negative publicity of this film.

Jordan will probably be the best thing about this movie acting wise, but next time we won`t expect a big change like that again in a SUPERHERO movie.

It doesn`t work with the box office, as they`re about to find out.

Money is what counts, and not many people wanted Johnny Storm black.

Too much of a change. They were pandering to the pc crowd. They thought they were being smart, and modern, but it looks like it will backfire.

What they didn`t realize was the pc crowd isn`t the audience who goes and sees superhero movies. They pizzed off a lot of people with the move, and it looks like it backfired.

Just like they pizzed off a lot of people with making Reed Richards look like a momma`s boy.

Next time they won`t try this messing with iconic characters because they now know they won`t get great box office.

So yeah in conclusion Johnny Storm not being white had something to do with the negative publicity of this FF movie.

btw. I bet Michael B. Jordan will be the best actor in this movie if we go by his performances in Chronicle and Fruitvale Station.

Like I said before though sometimes change isn`t good. ;)

If the reviews are below 50%, I probably won't see this movie. I would, but I'm mostly pissed about another reboot. I hated it when Sony did it, and I hate Fox trying the same mess. Both companies were under the mistaken impression that younging up the cast would fix things when the truth is their own bad management decisions were to blame for the failures of the two FF films (hiring Tim Story) and Spider-Man 3 (taking control away from Sam Raimi and forcing him to pack three villains into the film). Tired of supporting these dumb, misguided marketing decisions. :makepoint:

Umm...the 2005 Fantastic Four logged 27% positive.

Rise of the Silver Surfer logged 37% positive.

Not a high bar for this film to surpass either of those, and I'm betting it will end up at least in the 30s once we have a statistically significant sample.

Not a high bar for this film to surpass either of those, and I'm betting it will end up at least in the 30s once we have a statistically significant sample.

Like I said I will be going to see this over the weekend. I liked ASM 2.

ASM 2 did 53% positive at Rotten Tomatoes.

It has to be better than that right?

Like I said I will be going to see this over the weekend. I liked ASM 2.

ASM 2 did 53% positive at Rotten Tomatoes.

It has to be better than that right?

I liked ASM and ASM2, I just hated the idea of them rebooting. The fact that they rebooted relatively well drew me in, but if the FF film both sucks and is a cheap reboot attempt, screw 'em. :makepoint:

It's worth reiterating that despite being critically-maligned, each of those FF films did an inflation-adjusted $69 million opening weekend.

Current tracking is $40-$50 million.

I stand by my prediction it lands at the high-end of this range at $45-$50 million.

It's like the folks that mocked Ben Affleck being picked as Batman early in the BvS thread. Anyone mocking those last two trailers now? Or Suicide Squad when it was stated repeatedly from the early set photos it is going to be trash repeatedly. That SDCC trailer was spectacular.

Not everyone that thought FF was going to tank mocked Ben Aflleck or Suicide Squad.

I'm pretty sure I said that I thought Affleck would make a good movie (because he always does) and I was unsure of SS because I didn't have a lot of familiarity with the source material.

I'm still not sold on SS but it does look like it could be good in a 'Point Break' sort of way but I'm betting that just the cast is going to pull numbers and make up for any deficiencies in story.

And I guess I'm going to be way off on my 65-70% RT prediction for FF (2015) doh!

Commenting on these things, despite being called negative for doing so, was a burden some of us were willing to share with the CGC 'community', to try and warn them of the empending TURD that was getting ready to be dropped on their head.

We weren't negative.

We were right.

For real? Forum members would have made their own decisions. It's just in this case the worries turned out to be true from the mass of poor reviews out now.

Then why did you find it so necessary to cheerlead?

No. It's nothing like that. It's nothing like that at all.

;)

Huh??

It has a lot to do with Johnny Storm not being white, as that started this whole storm of negative publicity of this film.

Jordan will probably be the best thing about this movie acting wise, but next time we won`t expect a big change like that again in a SUPERHERO movie.

Too much of a change. They were pandering to the pc crowd. They thought they were being smart, and modern, but it looks like it will backfire.

What they didn`t realize was the pc crowd isn`t the audience who goes and sees superhero movies. They pizzed off a lot of people with the move, and it looks like it backfired.

Just like they pizzed off a lot of people with making Reed Richards look like a momma`s boy.

Next time they won`t try this messing with iconic characters because they now know they won`t get great box office.

So yeah in conclusion Johnny Storm not being white had something to do with the negative publicity of this FF movie.

btw. I bet Michael B. Jordan will be the best actor in this movie if we go by his performances in Chronicle and Fruitvale Station.

C'mon Mac, that is NOT why this movie failed.

It failed for the same reason many movies in Hollywood do - Lack of Vision, Poor Organization and COCAINE.

It's worth reiterating that despite being critically-maligned, each of those FF films did an inflation-adjusted $69 million opening weekend.

Current tracking is $40-$50 million.

I stand by my prediction it lands at the high-end of this range at $45-$50 million.

Believe as you wish but...

Those two movies opened in June and July respectively....

The bar was considerably lower for the tolerance of what movie fans could expect 8-10 years ago...the first Fantastic Four was released 3 weeks after BATMAN BEGINS!

For the NEW FF....

Mission-Impossible did $55MIL it's opening weekend with a big name star and tons of great reviews....

Unlike the other two FF's which went head to head with nothing new opening the same week, THIS FF is going against 'The Gift', which is getting rave reviews (93% on the Tomatometer)....

Things do NOT look good for this movie.....

Just sayin'....

;)

Huh??

C'mon Mac, that is NOT why this movie failed.

It failed for the same reason many movies in Hollywood do - Lack of Vision, Poor Organization and COCAINE.

Dang -- you've actually got me agreeing with Chuck here (shock!)

Blaming FF's failure (which has yet to be determined) on having Johnny be played by a black actor & Sue adopted is like hating on Daredevil because the Kingpin was black.

Totally a) wrong and b) misses the point as to what makes a film good vs. bad.