• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

So...

I am allowed to talk about it but am not allowed to use any of the phrases or quotes that the writer used in discussing the movie. I am paraphrasing their review in my words. You can be believe me or not. It does not matter.

Couple of things - "no" I am not telling anyone that knows me via PM or Text message any more information than I say here. Don't even bother asking. Sorry, I cannot.

The movie bombs on many levels. It views as if a -script was written, scenes were shot, producers, directors and test audiences did not like the dailies so new scenes were written to alter the tone of the film. It was not done as seamlessly as they hoped. There is too much brooding, too much angst, too much of a weak -script.

From what I read of the review, it will need to do well overseas or on video release.

Bosco...I say this not as your enemy, but as a friend, truly: if you didn't take and make these things personal, you wouldn't have these conflicts. It's not about the people discussing. Attack the merits of the argument, not the person making them.

A true friend tells you the truth, painful though it may be, while an enemy only flatters you with what you want to hear.

I took nothing personal, RMA. You should realize that.

I am just observing the same actions in here that Chuck has taken with another movie he took a strong offense to its content.

Which movie HERE have I taken a strong offense to it's content? I haven't seen it Nick, how can I take a strong offense to it's content.

Manipulation.

It's about repeatedly beating on the same negative drum when the point has been made.

Manipulation.

You don't agree with my points, so you categorize them as negative and paint them as 'beating a dead horse' so the casual observer agrees with you.

Man, that is some professional work.

Your observations are noted - again. But they are painted with the same historic brush that gives you a feeling it is others - not the other person. Even when I tried to stop debating, Chuck had to carry on.

Look at you!

YOU tried to stop debating and it was ME who carried it on. lol

The 'burning board real estate' comment was ridiculous because nobody burns more board real estate than Bosco now. lol

The same old story from the same cast of characters.

'More board real estate than Bosco' - I'm sorry. Was someone supposed to check in with you how much they post?

The 'burning board real estate' comment was ridiculous because nobody burns more board real estate than Bosco now. lol

The same old story from the same cast of characters.

What cast of characters?

'More board real estate than Bosco' - I'm sorry. Was someone supposed to check in with you how much they post?

I didn't say you should or shouldn't. I just thought it was funny that you made the comment that Chuck was burning board real estate when you often burn more than anyone else. (shrug)

Which movie HERE have I taken a strong offense to it's content? I haven't seen it Nick, how can I take a strong offense to it's content.

Manipulation.

Manipulation.

You don't agree with my points, so you categorize them as negative and paint them as 'beating a dead horse' so the casual observer agrees with you.

You are way off here. There have been a number of posts by you about how bad this movie is going to do. You realize that. You just have a point to prove now.

Repeat negativity. Why? Just to fill the day?

Look at you!

When I suggested 'drop it' - it wasn't with any threatening, foreboding tone. It was meant to move on, and give everyone else a break. INCLUDING US.

Oh no.

I'll not tolerate this.

But you sound like a victim looking for a crime. Like someone better not tell me what to do, because then you are going to give them what-for.

Again. Repeated negativity towards a movie. WE ALL GET IT. You hate the movie. Find something to enjoy then.

:foryou:

I didn't say you should or shouldn't. I just thought it was funny that you made the comment that Chuck was burning board real estate when you often burn more than anyone else. (shrug)

Roy, you missed the point. And most probably purposely.

Chuck, let it go. You peeling apart paragraphs and sentences so you can show how right you are is only burning up a lot of board space that could be used to discuss the movie. And hopefully in an unbiased way until we have actual details from someone that saw the movie.

You want to continue bringing the negative analysis into the discussion - that's your right. You want to accuse me of whatever - hypocrisy, manipulation, misrepresentation. If that helps your ego, have at it. Folks will just get a better view of where your head is at. Your so focused on the negative and making sure everyone knows how much you will not be questioned over this movie's success - go get 'em.

It was the peeling apart of sentences and paragraphs so as to respond to every little thing in a way after a while the original reason and points get lost.

But you knew that. You just had to bring a positive comment to the discussion.

Roy, you missed the point.

No, I got the point. You can personally point out what other can and can't post but they can't point out the same to you. That's the hypocritical thing that CG was talking about.

As far as I can see, he addressed only facts about the movie (like actual numbers, projections and the embargo) and repeatedly stated his opinion on them. You on the other hand wanted him to stop talking because he was burning real estate. Meaning what he wanted to say wasn't as important as what you thought was important.

And most probably purposely.

Passive aggressive swipe that has nothing to do with this thread.

It was the peeling apart of sentences and paragraphs so as to respond to every little thing in a way after a while the original reason and points get lost.

But that is exactly the way to have a proper discussion. You address each point individually rather than lump them all together.

But you knew that. You just had to bring a positive comment to the discussion.

Another passive aggressive swipe that has nothing to do with either the points or the conversation as a whole.

This thread has me missing the LTPC thread again.

Now I am feeling down in reflection of what has been lost.

Since you're down, I might as well drop you all the way down....

Triple tap just to be sure.....

Why the hell is this argument still going on? Just jerk each other off in PM or be done with it. :screwy:

p3jd8.jpg

Why the hell is this argument still going on? Just jerk each other off in PM or be done with it. :screwy:

p3jh7.jpg

This movie will suck.

This movie will suck.

This movie will suck.

Oh by the way, did I mention that this movie will suck?

:baiting:

Honestly I don't have high expectations for this film. But that's only because the prior ones have stunk. But I'm willing to give it a shot. My philosophy is maybe a re-imagining is just maybe what this movie might have needed. Just because it doesn't follow lore, doesn't mean it can't be a good flick. I would have been less inclined to pay to watch this, if it was the same traditional FF movie, with just a new cast.

I've had high expectations for a lot of hero films that ended up disappointing me (ie Thor 2, Iron Man 2 & 3). But then there were a few films that I thought would be utter and ended up enjoying them (ie. Guardians of the Galaxy, Man of Steel).

Besides, can it be any worse? hm

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Review from Variety!

http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/fantastic-four-review-reboots-marvel-comic-1201555905/

Cliff notes: Better than the last two films (a low bar), but still a missed opportunity.

Conclusion:

"Ultimately, Fox’s stab at reviving one of its inherited Marvel properties feels less like a blockbuster for this age of comics-oriented tentpoles than it does another also-ran — not an embarrassment, but an experiment that didn’t gel. And having seemingly missed twice in trying to get “Fantastic Four” right, the studio, unlike Reed, might want to think seriously before making any more trips back to the drawing board."

Manipulation.

Manipulation.

Yeah, I'd run as far away from that truth as you can. It destroys your whole BS argument.

I haven't commented on the content, because I don't know what it is. I haven't seen it.

I have made comments regarding it's production, pre-production, what it might gross, etc.

Same as everyone else.

You just disagreed with my points and have painted them as 'negative'.

You are way off here. There have been a number of posts by you about how bad this movie is going to do. You realize that. You just have a point to prove now.

Who says it's negative? You.

You keep repeating that. The truth is the truth and I've dealt primary with facts.

Just because YOU see them as negative, doesn't mean they are.

But that won't stop you from repeating it over and over and over again to get people to agree with you.

Look at you!

When I suggested 'drop it' - it wasn't with any threatening, foreboding tone. It was meant to move on, and give everyone else a break. INCLUDING US.

Yes, you said drop it and then continued on with the conversation with the same POST.

Very clever manipulation, Nick - say 'drop it', so you can go back and point to that and show what a peace maker you are, when in reality you carried on the conversation in that same POST.

Very manipulative.

Oh no.

I'll not tolerate this.

But you sound like a victim looking for a crime.

WHAT??? lol I'm no victim, and I'm not looking for any crime. What the heck are you talking about? lol

And why cut and paste that here in this conversation?

Very, very manipulative Nick.... running out of tricks?

Like someone better not tell me what to do, because then you are going to give them what-for.

WHAT??? What in the heck are you talking about?

Please stop making up stuff about me. Or at the very least clarify and give examples of what you're saying.

This may be the most non-sensible thing you said in all of this.

Again. Repeated negativity towards a movie.

Again, just because YOU think it's negative, doesn't mean it is.

And just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true, though obviously some will fall for that manipulative tactic.

WE ALL GET IT.

And who is WE?

You hate the movie.

I've never seen the movie, how can I hate it? Where do you get this stuff?

Find something to enjoy then.

:foryou:

I enjoy plenty. (thumbs u

This movie will suck.

This movie will suck.

This movie will suck.

Oh by the way, did I mention that this movie will suck?

:baiting:

Honestly I don't have high expectations for this film. But that's only because the prior ones have stunk. But I'm willing to give it a shot. My philosophy is maybe a re-imagining is just maybe what this movie might have needed. just because it doesn't follow lore, doesn't mean it can't be a good flick. I would have been less inclined to pay to watch this, if it was the same traditional FF movie, with just a new cast.

I've had high expectations for a lot of hero films that ended up disappointing me (ie Thor 2, Iron Man 2 & 3). But then there were a few films that I thought would be utter and ended up enjoying them (ie. Guardians of the Galaxy, Man of Steel).

Besides, can it be any worse? hm

lol

Hi Ed.

:hi:

This movie may bomb. I've said before this movie could bomb. There is a strong possibility from the assumed insider leaks over the months about Trank's behavior, direction given to the cast not to read the comics, and associating the production to the Ultimate Fantastic Four series (which I'm getting a slight hint was not that popular).

I'd like to see some detailed reviews first before assuming it is a flop. That's all I am expecting.