• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 55 grade and how big of a ding for tear on back cover?

6 posts in this topic

All,

Trying to get a grip on these to see which if any I should slab. Thoughts on this book? Thanks in advance.

Also, I know I need a better camera or scanner for this. Not available just now. I'll se what I can do in the future.

143784.jpg.41b8dddfdacc10afe3e64429789c83c6.jpg

143785.jpg.ad1515f21b7de024b5c13be3d175b919.jpg

143786.jpg.79863dd1c9d1a9c016ed51875950b10f.jpg

For a tear that size on the back cover I don't think you will be able to pull off a grade above 7.0. This book certainly presents very well. I don't think a press will raise your grade any IMHO!

champis2.gif Happy New Year!

Pressing will definitely give a better visual appeal, but I agree with timern in that not sure it would help the grade any with that tear and the apparent printing crease in Angel. Have to factor in what you paid and how much a press/slab/shipping to/from all weighs in on the bottom line. If it were mine it'd go in a bag/board and is accessible for future reading/reference, just my 2 pennies. Oh and WTTB!