• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #50

14 posts in this topic

I am considering my first submission to CGC on a few books and would like some input. I have no experience in grading and usually purchase slabbed books.

My main concerns are:

1. Grade (feel free to be very conservative)

2. Whether the books are worth pressing and submitting, I would be contacting Joeypost for his expertise.

3. Lastly, in your opinions whether they are worth submitting or not.

Any and all input is appreciated.

ASM50_zps2a2bb3f7.jpg

FF65B_zpsdaa1267c.jpg

Thanks guys for all your input. I think I may have overpaid for all of the books I listed. The guy at the shop told me it would grade a minimum of 5.0-5.5 but of course, not to hold him to it. I was hoping to pick up a 6.0-7.0 but they are out of my price range at the moment. I guess I should just stick to buying slabs.

Below are the quoted grades from the shop:

ASM 50, 5.0-5.5.

Dr Strange 169, 7.0

FF 65, 7.5

FF 67, 7.0

Thanks guys for all your input. I think I may have overpaid for all of the books I listed. The guy at the shop told me it would grade a minimum of 5.0-5.5 but of course, not to hold him to it. I was hoping to pick up a 6.0-7.0 but they are out of my price range at the moment. I guess I should just stick to buying slabs.

Below are the quoted grades from the shop:

ASM 50, 5.0-5.5.

Dr Strange 169, 7.0

FF 65, 7.5

FF 67, 7.0

I havent looked at the other books, but in all fairness the ASM50 may look better in hand, I think the lighting on your scanner may be making it look worse. Still, all those creases would make a 5.0 or better really tough, but who knows. Point is, if you're happy with them thats all that matters. Everyone here has overpaid for books at one point or another! lol

Thanks Jaybes. The pics are a little bright, but I did want to show the defects as much as possible. As for overpaying, I guess it's a lesson learned. Any opinions on whether a press would be worth it?

Press probably won't do anything for you greekboy. The two biggest defects I can see are the bottom left corner crease and the spine crease (reading crease). Since it breaks color, doubt a press can get that out.

Press probably won't do anything for you greekboy. The two biggest defects I can see are the bottom left corner crease and the spine crease (reading crease). Since it breaks color, doubt a press can get that out.

+1 echo. Slab if you'd like, but pass on the press. 2c