• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS show us your books from 1964!

159 posts in this topic

That's one of my very favourite Fantastic Four covers of the entire run!

But why is the Human Torch battling the Thing on the Strange Tales cover? Aren't they teammates? Shouldn't they be on the same side?

???

Always loved this cover. I originally got it to flip if Braniac ever hits Tinsel Town..... but it's really growing on me :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SUPERMAN167wmcopy-1.jpg

gic108.jpg

Wow! Great team-up!

(thumbs u

Glossy Kubert cover. :cloud9:

GIC 108 is the 1st ever Sgt. Rock x-over into ANOTHER WAR title. . .although NOT the first Sgt. Rock team-up. B&B 52 is the first time Sgt. Rock teamed up outside of OAAW with an all-star cast including Rock, Johnny Cloud, and Haunted Tank along with a mystery character only revealed at the end (psst. . .she spoke like zees).

bnb52.jpg

But although B&B was the first time Rock teamed up outside of OAAW, it wasn't the first war comics x-over. THAT distinction goes to OAAW 115 (which is 2 years too early for this thread--apologies) and an early 12¢ book.

oaaw115.jpg

It's the first time a war comics character crossed over into another war series AND it's the first of MANY crossovers Mlle. Marie made after her first 6 brief (but ultra-badåss) appearances in SSWS.

In fact, OAAW 115 predates Green Lantern 13 which is the first time Flash crossed over into Green Lantern.

Could it be that OAAW 115 is the first SA DC x-over except for Flash 123 (which has the GA Flash, but doesn't really qualify as a crossover because Jay G. doesn't cross over from his own title?) and Superman 76 (more of an Atomic Age book)? I don't really count JLA or World's Finest because the premise of the titles was the team idea. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

Hmmm. . . hm