• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Fiona Staples Denver Comic con Sketchbook question

16 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I was looking through my Denver Comic Con 2010 Fiona Staples sketchbook and can't figure out if the front inside cover has an original sketch, or a printed one. Does anybody have one to compare this to? The ink of the sketch doesn't match the printed ink, so I don't know what to think of it.

Thanks

DSCF75551_zpsa314d4bf.jpg

DSCF75541_zps5012d8d0.jpg

Great item. Wish I could help you.

She's doing some amazing work on Saga now and has a very bright future IMO.

My daughter actually got this from her back in 2010. Staples gave her the sketchbook for free and talked with her for a while. She was great. I ended up with the book, but I threw it in my junk boxes. This week I threw away the box, but pulled this out. I was surprised to see that it was from Fiona Staples, as she was not very popular at that time.

Great item. Wish I could help you.

She's doing some amazing work on Saga now and has a very bright future IMO.

My daughter actually got this from her back in 2010. Staples gave her the sketchbook for free and talked with her for a while. She was great. I ended up with the book, but I threw it in my junk boxes. This week I threw away the box, but pulled this out. I was surprised to see that it was from Fiona Staples, as she was not very popular at that time.

That's a great story and even better that you had the hunch to pull this book before trashing the rest. Fiona is a special talent, and Saga has all the makings of a modern age classic.

Her, Pitarra and Dragotta are knocking it out of the park with their respective books. If it wasn't for their artwork, their titles wouldn't be half of what they are, IMO.

I was there.

It's an original "quick" sketch she did.

I received the same one.

As someone pointed out, she was a jimmy-crack-korn at the time. Very few people went to talk to her at the show and it's saying a lot as there was almost no one famous at that convention.

To be super clear, it was Denver ComicFest. Not Denver Comic Con. Two different shows. Comicfest is a portion of the StarFest show.

FYI, she looked appealing.

Pat