• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The boards, where best intentions are turned into your worst nightmare.

292 posts in this topic

Bummer.

I have never sold anything on eBay (and likely never will) thanks to stories like this.

Tell me, can images be forwarded through eBay's message system?

I ask this as I'd think if, having received payment, you were to forward high res scans (maybe with a watermark or newspaper of the day - something that would uniquely identify the comics) and ask the buyer to confirm that this/these was/were the purchase there would be a lot less wiggle room at the buyer's end.

I know, the buyer can still claim "these are not the books that were shipped" - but isn't that the case in any eBay transaction?

Then it may be damage during shipping which opens up another can of worms.

Me? I'd be asking for the lot to be returned and then file some sort of dispute with eBay about the item returned not being the one shipped.

Good luck with that though ... :sorry:

Didn't want to say it, but people are assuming eBay, but it was actually done here. It was months ago and don't remember the buyer.
I really don't like hearing that. :(

Sorry you've had to go through this.

It would be my word against their's.

I had another board member look at the pictures at that time and they even agreed they were not the same books.

As far as Paypal, yes, they can file a "not as described" claim and get money back.

Tell them to forget about a refund, and give up the attempted scam

Otherwise you will fight it tooth and nail, as well as outing them here.

Actually you should just go ahead and out them now, along with the pics of the book you sent, and the pic the buyer sent you.

I just realized it's Friday, lets get this drama rolling

I had another board member look at the pictures at that time and they even agreed they were not the same books.

As far as Paypal, yes, they can file a "not as described" claim and get money back.

This is what the PL discussion thread is all about m'man.

This is what the PL discussion thread is all about m'man.

+1

1. I'd definitely post the original pictures (if you had them in the sales thread) and then the pictures the buyer provided. Maybe they are just bad pictures?

2. You are right it does get into a "my word against theirs" thing. But I would raise the matter (with names revealed) in the probation thread. Even if this is a scam, and the buyer gets away with it, there will be a record so if the buyer tries to pull it a second time a pattern will be evident and documented. Otherwise it will just allow them to keep doing the same thing.

Surely there's a paper trail? Check your Paypal history - the transaction'll be there.

Didn't want to say it, but people are assuming eBay, but it was actually done here. It was months ago and don't remember the buyer.

Go back and check your posts to see who it was - at least then you can out him, even if it's past the Paypal deadline.

Go back and check your posts to see who it was - at least then you can out him, even if it's past the Paypal deadline.

Totally agree. If there isn't a really good other side of this story, it'd be a huge shame to let this slide. We gotta look out for each other.