• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many CGC PLOD's Do You Own?

70 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the board member's preference is, and whether they keep the PLODs in their collection.

Out of 347 CGC books, I currently own 4 PLODs:

X-Men #1 CGC 7.5 (EP)

X-Men #94 CGC 5.5 (light color touch)

X-Men #95 CGC 6.6 (very light color touch)

A.S.M. #129 CGC 9.0 (bottom edge trimmed) - Could this book sell for over $200 on Ebay?

I would get rid of these books in a second if I could get my money back. frustrated.gif

I have one: All-Flash #4. It's graded "Apparent FN+ 6.5 Slight (A)"

Let me know if you want the graders' notes. Essentially, this is one of those 'gray area' PLODS where CGC makes a judgement call. One small drop of glue at spine, but in CGC's determination, that drop of glue is holding the cover on, and therefore it gets the PLOD. I'm sorely tempted to crack the slab, remove the glue and see what happens... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have no PLODs, but I do have a restored book -- a Rulah in app VF that has only a small bit of color touch. It cost me about 1/5 of guide and would have been about $400 without that color. I have no regrets about buying that book.

I have 3:

Adventure 300 VF 8.0 (slight P) bought raw as a VF/NM 20 years ago. mad.gif

Startling 47 FN 6.0 (slight P)

Meet Corliss Archer 1 F/VF 7.0 (slight P)

I am always happy to buy a slightly restored book for 1/3 of the unrestored value. In the case of the Startling it has reinforcement at the staples. The Corliss Archer has 4 or 5 areas of black touch along the spine--I think if the black marks were anywhere but where they are it would be a Universal 6.0.

I do not own a PLOD - maybe thats because I own mostly BA and late SA books. I definitely would buy a PLOD from early SA if the resto was Professional and the grade was high enough - not even a hesitation there.

I have 3:

I am always happy to buy a slightly restored book for 1/3 of the unrestored value. In the case of the Startling it has reinforcement at the staples. The Corliss Archer has 4 or 5 areas of black touch along the spine--I think if the black marks were anywhere but where they are it would be a Universal 6.0.

I have a Startling #47 as well, but it's only a CGC 4.5 (Universal)

I have 3:

I have a Startling #47 as well, but it's only a CGC 4.5 (Universal)

Speaking of Startling #47, does anyone have a Startling #48 for sale? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif