• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

However ppl here want to believe its legit (for their own benefit ?) so be it.

(thumbs u

The cheerleading and sunshine-pumping on this thread leaves no room for non-believers! :preach:

I don't know about that, there is plenty of room for a dissenting opinion. Not sure why it has to come with a blanket insult that everyone who feels otherwise is a money-grubbing blind insufficiently_thoughtful_person...

If it isn't legit, how long before it comes out?

Does GPA wait for payment in eBay before posting?

gpa.png

GPA will report it as legit until or unless the book relists with the same seller. There is nothing about the sale on its face that says it's "fishy", other than the price, evidently to a few. But that alone isn't enough for GPA to not report it.

-J.

If it isn't legit, how long before it comes out?

Does GPA wait for payment in eBay before posting?

gpa.png

GPA will report it as legit until or unless the book relists with the same seller. There is nothing about the sale on its face that says it's "fishy", other than the price, evidently to a few. But that alone isn't enough for GPA to not report it.

-J.

(shrug) makes sense to me

However ppl here want to believe its legit (for their own benefit ?) so be it.

(thumbs u

The cheerleading and sunshine-pumping on this thread leaves no room for non-believers! :preach:

Ummm...you guys do realize that you're in a hulk 1 owners thread, right? lol

-J.

lol

Just for the record, I own a Hulk #1 3.0, and have no plans to unload it OR pick up another, so pricing is almost irrelevant to me.

I just believe the auctions for the 1.8 and 2.0 are shilled. Each one was bid on by by a couple guys, leapfrogging each other early in the auction. 343 FB guy bid A LOT, yet disappeared long before auction end. This is done to drive it up to a certain price, and hope a David Hannum disciple comes along and scoops it up at the end. 343 FB fits it to a T. He and 6 FB guy either worked together, or 6 FB is a noob and got played. Probably the former.

On the 1.8, worked perfectly, as 7 FB and 567 FB bit. 7 FB may or may not have been in on it, but 343? Little doubt in my mind.

YMMV.

5900.gif

Looking at the GPA screen shot, the price seems consistent in the upward trajectory in the value of the book to me.

It's still somewhat fascinating to meet that folks seem to think that the auction of this little 2.0 was worth shilling when there is already an auction result of over $320,000 on the books, not to mention all of the various other BIN and auction results across multiple venues.

-J.

Looking at the GPA screen shot, the price seems consistent in the upward trajectory in the value of the book to me.

It's still somewhat fascinating to meet that folks seem to think that the auction of this little 2.0 was worth shilling when there is already an auction result of over $320,000 on the books, not to mention all of the various other BIN and auction results across multiple venues.

-J.

You're just stubborn. ;)lol

-J.

Schilling is just more obvious in lower grades, but anyone who thinks the 9.2 was not schilled is just kidding themselves

I agree, shilling is a problem and is probably invisible 99.99% of the time. However by any measuring stick this is probably the hottest SA book right now, and deservedly so.

This 1.5 is already up to nearly $3k after only a few hours :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121428458754?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Books like MP 4/7, yeah those are BS, anyone who thinks those books are really worth what people are trying to sell them for are just asking for trouble. Hulk 1 on the other hand has over half a century of good will, fan appreciation media exposure, coupled with a rarity that can at least provide a plausible basis for its ascent.

-J.

-J.

Schilling is just more obvious in lower grades, but anyone who thinks the 9.2 was not schilled is just kidding themselves

I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine was the under bidder on the 9.2 auction. I'd have to ask to confirm.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize it, how silly I've been!

Prices on collectibles only increase due to collusion, dishonesty, coercion and a general inclusion of the criminal element. Shilling accounts for 99% of all bids and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a plain ninny!

The whole thing is a conspiracy man, get with the program!

Prices on collectibles only increase due to collusion, dishonesty, coercion and a general inclusion of the criminal element. Shilling accounts for 99% of all bids and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a plain ninny!

Finally! It's about time you figured it out!

No one said that but lets face it auctions can also be johnson measuring contests as well. You got schill bidders wanting to drive things up ( for financial reasons), spite bidders ( If I can't win he is going to pay through his nose) Thrill bidders ( in it for the rush), speculators, collectors and a whole bunch of other type bidders.

But this seems to be the old chicken or the egg argument sky rocketing Hulk prices. If it were not for the 9.2 sale would things not be white hot in all grades. Or is it limited copies in existance and had been a book which had been plateued for a few years.

I'd say it is some combination of all these factors.

I love the Hulk my favorite hero, love the cover art and am happy to own a nice copy. But if it continues to go nuts I'd be just as happy to sell and by a vintage muscle car paint it green and call it Hulk1 :banana:

Little slow, but knew you'd come around! (thumbs u