• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on this auction:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

"343" is back at it, along with the standard single digit FB playing partner..er..competitor. 3rd time we've seen this combo.

That being said, gotta be totally legit. Hulk #1 is shill-proof, right J? :baiting::foryou:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

"343" is back at it, along with the standard single digit FB playing partner..er..competitor. 3rd time we've seen this combo.

That being said, gotta be totally legit. Hulk #1 is shill-proof, right J? :baiting::foryou:

these guys must have hoarded quite a few Hulk 1s...

Wouldn't it just be easier for them to "sell" them to their shill accounts for high prices versus shilling auctions. Simple one-time transactions back and forth between half a dozen accounts or so and BAM, new price!

That being said, the tide has risen across the board. I think it will take an act of Hulk to reset them...

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

Wouldn't it just be easier for them to "sell" them to their shill accounts for high prices versus shilling auctions. Simple one-time transactions back and forth between half a dozen accounts or so and BAM, new price!

That being said, the tide has risen across the board. I think it will take an act of Hulk to reset them...

I think because auctions set prices, whereas buy-it-nows can be one overeager buyer.

I do think Hulk #1 should have risen in price, rightfully so, based on other key pricing, but this meteoric rise is, well, questionable.

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

I still think it just looks like a guy who's trying to get his hands on a decent looking copy without getting totally reamed on the price before it gets even more out of hand. (shrug) I know the feeling, been there, done that when I was in the market for a Hulk 181, and that's obviously way more available than a #1.

That being said, it will probably go in the $4500 range. May even flirt with $5k. Such a price would be consistent with the 2.0 sale, and if an AF 15 can go for that I don't think it's outside the realm of reason for a Hulk 1, 1.5 to realize that.

-J.

Ya think? Dealers and flippers are paying retail and selling at retail+...to other dealers and flippers. (thumbs u

On another note, there's no way this copy hasn't been trimmed, right ? Seller says "only four or five dots of color touch on spine" is the only restoration. Not sure I'm believing that...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181519981956?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also, the 5.0 that was listed yesterday already seems to have poofed off ebay.

-J.

Ya think? Dealers and flippers are paying retail and selling at retail+...to other dealers and flippers. (thumbs u

Are they?

The first few big Hulk #1 sales that set the tone for the books that are selling now all went to collectors, I'm quite sure. Or collector / investors.

It always happens - either lower grade copies start to rise in price and raise the ceiling or the ceiling gets raised and lower grade copies swiftly rise in price to fill the void.

In this case it was the latter.

The top looks it, but if it was, tiny micro trimming. Overall dimensions seem close, so can't be sure.

Something just seems off about it to me. Maybe I just question why a book of that caliber, in that kind of apparent condition would be sold outside of a slab. I'm sure this isn't always the case, but it leads me to believe that there is more going on with the book than what the seller wants the buyer to see on a purple label. This book's final hammer price will be the more interesting result IMO, as the 1.5 is very straight forward.

-J.

Are they?

Yep, the current comic-mylars 3.0 copy is on it's 3rd flip in the last 6 years, the most recent sale being $4,750 in April. Current asking price? $11,500. :screwy:

The top looks it, but if it was, tiny micro trimming. Overall dimensions seem close, so can't be sure.

Something just seems off about it to me. Maybe I just question why a book of that caliber, in that kind of apparent condition would be sold outside of a slab. I'm sure this isn't always the case, but it leads me to believe that there is more going on with the book than what the seller wants the buyer to see on a purple label. This book's final hammer price will be the more interesting result IMO, as the 1.5 is very straight forward.

-J.

Agreed.

Are they?

Yep, the current comic-mylars 3.0 copy is on it's 3rd flip in the last 6 years, the most recent sale being $4,750 in April. Current asking price? $11,500. :screwy:

The same thing happened about 7 years ago or so when an AF #15 CGC 9.4 sold for a record price at auction. People were blown away by it...and then AF #15 prices doubled and tripled in about 4 weeks for all lower grade copies.

(shrug)

I remember selling a CGC 6.0 copy of AF on these very boards for about $8K or so and within a month it became a $15K book.

Are they?

The same thing happened about 7 years ago or so when an AF #15 CGC 9.4 sold for a record price at auction. People were blown away by it...and then AF #15 prices doubled and tripled in about 4 weeks for all lower grade copies.

(shrug)

I remember selling a CGC 6.0 copy of AF on these very boards for about $8K or so and within a month it became a $15K book.

Yes.

Once I realized every single market ever created was a few controlling the puppets my life has gotten a lot better.

Willy Wonka grabs Roy's mouth and replies, "We are the music makers, and We are the dreamers of dreams."

Free Market who believes it truly exists......

A few should always control many. As it should be. :cloud9:

NewWorldOrderlogo.jpg

Are they?

(shrug)

Yes.

Once I realized every single market ever created was a few controlling the puppets my life has gotten a lot better.

Willy Wonka grabs Roy's mouth and replies, "We are the music makers, and We are the dreamers of dreams."

Free Market who believes it truly exists......

A few should always control many. As it should be. :cloud9:

NewWorldOrderlogo.jpg

Edited around 5:45am, I wonder what was posted before the change...

Also, I think your "puppet world master" picture isn't big enough to get your point across.

Are they?

(shrug)

And after than a correction happened and prices stayed stagnant for a few years. Time will tell if this is the case for H1.

Are they?

(shrug)

And after than a correction happened and prices stayed stagnant for a few years. Time will tell if this is the case for H1.

Growth is never linear, whether it's kids, investments or comics. ;-)