• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Striking while the iron is scalding hot or waiting for the movie that should send up another spike

I'm the wrong the guy to ask I'm like oakman. I never sell my comics. :cloud9: BUT....... If I did I would wait until the inevitable movie announcement to test the market. The announcement of a marvel produced hulk movie will make fans go nuts, and most likely show us that this little spike in prices was only the beginning.

-J.

Every time you post it makes me want want a hulk #1 even more. lol

The announcement of a marvel produced hulk movie will make fans go nuts, and most likely show us that this little spike in prices was only the beginning.

-J.

There was a Marvel produced Hulk movie in 2008. :baiting:

You're right I forgot that was theirs. The first iron man just really blew it out of the water. That's where they really seemed to hit their stride. I'm sure the next hulk movie will be more consistent with the marvel machinery level of quality we are used to now. (Hopefully).

By the way, this:

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Incredible_Hulk_2

-J.

Any predictions on where this beauty queen might end up? :insane:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291243698030?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

I sent that guy a pm when he first listed auction. Offered him $2500. He graciously declined lol

Does anyone know what grade this one will hit? Hmm

Probably would've hit higher before the current owner decided to take photos and list it.

Any predictions on where this beauty queen might end up? :insane:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291243698030?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

I sent that guy a pm when he first listed auction. Offered him $2500. He graciously declined lol

Does anyone know what grade this one will hit? Hmm

I don't know if it would get higher than a 1.0. Although a 0.5 wouldn't surprise me either.

$2500 wasn't an unreasonable offer to make. If I were him I might have taken that, in an off eBay deal.

That being said, it may hit $3k in this auction IMO.

-J.

I'm high bidder right now, I think it's a solid 1.0. Not sure what I would do with the loose cover pieces or how cgc would encapsulate them if they were loose, anyone submit a book like that before? ( with loose pieces)

I'm high bidder right now, I think it's a solid 1.0. Not sure what I would do with the loose cover pieces or how cgc would encapsulate them if they were loose, anyone submit a book like that before? ( with loose pieces)

If it was me I would scotch tape that sucker from the inside and call it a day. Really not much more that you can do without it being considered "restoration", the tape won't impact the grade, and I would rather have the piece attached than not. (thumbs u

-J.

The true litmus test is the current comic link auction that has a 3.0 AF 15 and a 3.0 hulk 1 going at the same time.

Granted, the AF 15 is somewhat handicapped with a "lesser PQ" on the label and (probably more importantly) some marvel chipping and what looks like some CT removal in the upper left near the spine, but it will be interesting to see which goes for more in grade in a direct head to head match up in the same auction.

Right now the hulk has the early lead.....

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Dincredible%2Bhulk%2B1%26x%3D25%26y%3D7%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1027211&id=1027211

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26x%3D14%26y%3D8%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1027589&id=1027589

-J.

3300 was the winning bid. 2800 was my max. Oh well maybe next time. Womp Womp :wishluck:

3300 For a 1.0 max?.........WOW!

That sale and this one by Joey D. puts us pretty squarely in the $3300 a point territory, at least for the low (and mid?) grades....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32734&item=301321489022&rt=nc&print=all&si=kqv78Dyg7sTGbH4Sho9EZbd4jno%3D

This bests even that $9100 sale for that nice looking AF 15 3.0 on comic link a couple weeks ago. We may be looking, at the very least, a shared SA crown right now.

-J.

I just sold a 1.8 this week for 4995.

(worship) Nice. So $3300 a point sounds about right to you (at least in the 3.0 and under grades)?

-J.

I also just sold a 5.5 for $15,995 this week...

2750-3K is more realistic, imo....there are a few outlier sales for more, but market has not yet determined if sustainable...

I just sold a 1.8 this week for 4995.

(worship) Nice. So $3300 a point sounds about right to you (at least in the 3.0 and under grades)?

-J.

I also just sold a 5.5 for $15,995 this week...

2750-3K is more realistic, imo....there are a few outlier sales for more, but market has not yet determined if sustainable...

(thumbs u The market seems to still be adjusting to these new pricing realities. 16k still seems like a pretty good deal though for the 5.5 for the buyer if a 1.8 went for $5k. Still a big jump all around from just a year ago. Well at least we know where all the hulk 1's are now. lol

-J.