• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

I didn't buy that book. Not sure what you are talking about.

I actually didn't say you bought it. This guy did.

Winner of this auction was Dale Roberts.

Well, then I'm not sure what he is talking about. I never know what you're talking about.

No need to Freak. Winning bidder was c**m and cbmadness came to mind.

Scant evidence from which to jump to a conclusion, let alone decide what someone else might like revealed about their purchasing decisions. Maybe you'd like to look, and think, before you leap next time.

Winner of this auction was actually comicmylars, who has made this beauty available at a mere 50% markup in a couple weeks time...dealers and flippers have this book on the radar!

Hulk 1 back on the market.

Winner of this auction was actually comicmylars, who has made this beauty available at a mere 50% markup in a couple weeks time...dealers and flippers have this book on the radar!

I don't think that guy is in the business of selling books... Everything he has and offers is insanely over priced... On top of that, he is AWFUL to work with...

That hulk 1 will be in eBay for the next 4 months at the least

rantrant

I don't think that guy is in the business of selling books... Everything he has and offers is insanely over priced... On top of that, he is AWFUL to work with...

rantrant

My favorite part is about the book being over 70 years old. I wasn't aware it was 2032. Where is my hover car, not to mention my check from Social Security?

rantrant

Yeah, I'm not sure what their business model is but they do have a ton of great (overpriced) books. I suppose if the overall market appreciates over time, books that are overpriced today may be priced reasonably tomorrow. Who knows? (shrug)

I understand that most dealers have multiple venues to buy/sell books from (directly to/from collectors, conventions, dealer websites, auction houses, etc.,.) and that the market in these different venues varies, but I don't get how one would expect to buy/sell at such a markup within the same venue in such a short period of time? As the original seller was SparkleCity (arguably the pre-eminent ebay seller of vintage books these days), the price was probably current fair market.

rantrant

Yeah, I'm not sure what their business model is but they do have a ton of great (overpriced) books. I suppose if the overall market appreciates over time, books that are overpriced today may be priced reasonably tomorrow. Who knows? (shrug)

I understand that most dealers have multiple venues to buy/sell books from (directly to/from collectors, conventions, dealer websites, auction houses, etc.,.) and that the market in these different venues varies, but I don't get how one would expect to buy/sell at such a markup within the same venue in such a short period of time? As the original seller was SparkleCity (arguably the pre-eminent ebay seller of vintage books these days), the price was probably current fair market.

I don't know. While the current asking price is aggressive, if 4.0s are getting into 5 figure territory I would think that $16.3 for a 6.0 is on the low side. Could just be a bad time to have sold it with the holidays around the corner.

rantrant

I don't know. While the current asking price is aggressive, if 4.0s are getting into 5 figure territory I would think that $16.3 for a 6.0 is on the low side. Could just be a bad time to have sold it with the holidays around the corner.

It was definitely on the low side.

-J.

rantrant

That would make sense if they keep to their prices till a sale, but as the market moves (goes up) as do there prices (scary)... You would think after many many months of sitting on eBay, they'd like to move some of their books (as great as some may be)... But they don't. I've seen a couple of their books on eBay for well over a year , yet their prices go UP.. :screwy: a shame that this beautiful hulk book will sit on eBay for a loooooong time, .. But dem the brakes , I guess :eyeroll:

rantrant

Yeah, his stuff is way above market.

it is a weak looking 6.0...reason I didn't go after it harder (thumbs u

Thought you weren't buying Hulk #1's?

I have a few if you need some

I will always buy a sa key if I can get at what I feel is under market and meets my inv requirements ;)

I saw one Hulk #1 cgc 9.0 going for $14 grand in the comic link now, but its moderately professional restored copy. Sounds like a good deal to me once the purple labels become more well accepted in the near future.

Just my 2¢ view.

Are you bidding? hm

rantrant

My favorite part is about the book being over 70 years old. I wasn't aware it was 2032. Where is my hover car, not to mention my check from Social Security?

lol