• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Hulk 1 has been on fire. Didn't a 6.0 sell for 15k recently? When is this happening to TOS 39 and Iron Man? lol

Oh, it's coming. You'll see! Tos39 is next , once hulks get too far out of reach IMHO

andddd DD #1?!?! hm

Wow...I'm really liking this thread. I wonder how much my 6.0 is worth now? Contemplating on cracking this open, pressing and getting this signed by Stan Lee. Is it worth it?

a472737f68c13b109f491de11d4b577b_zps1b2479b0.jpg

Are you sure the book was not already pressed? IMO I would not ruin a great looking Mega Key book with Stan's Sig. Book as it sits likely 14 to 16K.

Another 6.0, with marvel chipping just sold on ebay for 15k. This one has miles better eye appeal IMO. And I agree about leaving it as is in that pretty blue holder. (thumbs u

-J.

+1

please don't deface it with a stan lee sig.

Hulk #1 seems to be priced at about $2500 a point right now (give or take) for lower to mid grades.

2.5 - $6200

5.0 - $12,000

6.0 - $15,000 (although this was a BIN - it may have sold for more if it was auctioned off)

Wow...I'm really liking this thread. I wonder how much my 6.0 is worth now? Contemplating on cracking this open, pressing and getting this signed by Stan Lee. Is it worth it?

a472737f68c13b109f491de11d4b577b_zps1b2479b0.jpg

Are you sure the book was not already pressed? IMO I would not ruin a great looking Mega Key book with Stan's Sig. Book as it sits likely 14 to 16K.

Another 6.0, with marvel chipping just sold on ebay for 15k. This one has miles better eye appeal IMO. And I agree about leaving it as is in that pretty blue holder. (thumbs u

-J.

+1

please don't deface it with a stan lee sig.

I honestly don't know why the value of a book goes up with a Stan Lee signature. I wonder how many thousands of books he has already signed with no hint of slowing down. His signature is not rare. A 6.0 that looks like your copy is rare. Leave it alone ! Please. :pullhair:

Hulk #1 seems to be priced at about $2500 a point right now (give or take) for lower to mid grades.

2.5 - $6200

5.0 - $12,000

6.0 - $15,000 (although this was a BIN - it may have sold for more if it was auctioned off)

(thumbs u

-J.

I'm blown away but the price that 2.5 pulled down...I know keys are hot but damn. I've gotten several PM's about selling my 2.5, glad I bought it a few years ago when I did.

No one ever PMs me out of the blue to sell anything. I feel left out. I guess being here for 8 years and never selling anything keeps people away? ???lol

I'm blown away but the price that 2.5 pulled down...I know keys are hot but damn. I've gotten several PM's about selling my 2.5, glad I bought it a few years ago when I did.

No one ever PMs me out of the blue to sell anything. I feel left out. I guess being here for 8 years and never selling anything keeps people away? ???lol

You're not alone. lol

Nobody has PMd me about my keys either. hm

Well, they aren't for sale anyway :sumo:

You're not alone. lol

You just need to harp on an on about the price of the book, what the book will sell for, how amazing the latest sale was, how many $K per point, and post incessantly over the past, present, and future value of the book to generate such interest. If you're mindset is all about the money, then folks figure that's what interests you most...and hey, every book is for sale at the right price. :sumo:

You're not alone. lol

You just need to harp on an on about the price of the book, what the book will sell for, how amazing the latest sale was, how many $K per point, and post incessantly over the past, present, and future value of the book to generate such interest. If you're mindset is all about the money, then folks figure that's what interests you most...and hey, every book is for sale at the right price. :sumo:

What else are we supposed to talk about? lol. It's a 50+ year old book we all already know the content. For many of us our collections are not only a point of pride but a sizeable investment as well. (thumbs u

-J.

You're not alone. lol

What else are we supposed to talk about? lol. It's a 50+ year old book we all already know the content. For many of us our collections are not only a point of pride but a sizeable investment as well. (thumbs u

-J.

If you can't think of anything else to talk about other than the value of your investment, then I guess that's what you talk about. (thumbs u

Sounds like we need a "HULK #1 INVESTORS CLUB: THE BSD LEAGUE". lol

You're not alone. lol

-J.

If you can't think of anything else to talk about other than the value of your investment, then I guess that's what you talk about. (thumbs u

Pretty much every "______________ Club Thread", has some discussion of the book's price trends. This isn't limited to people gloating about how much they paid when, and how much money they could make if they sold now either. Most of the people posting in this thread have said they wouldn't sell either way (and as for me, I wouldn't sell for any price), and there are plenty of other folks posting here and reading the threads to track market trends to gauge what they should expect to pay should they choose to invest in one.

I personally have been a fan of the Hulk ever since the 70's TV show. I remember watching it with my father as a young child. I subsequently re-discovered the character in the late '80's as a teen with the in-title McFarlane run. I for one am glad to see the Hulk get this kind of collector attention. I think a lot of the posters here would agree with me that while our affection for the character is priceless it is certainly interesting to note what others are willing to pay to own a piece of this historic book (that pre-dates Spider-man's introduction even), as an expression of their own love for the character.

-J.

But I recently sold my copy of Hulk #1. Does that mean that my BSD is no longer B or S? :o

Looks like someone from that heritage auction did precisely what I imagined one would do on Sunday when the 2.5 passed the $6K mark. This pretty much solidifies Hulk's ascent up the SA food chain, and the current $2.5K a point ballpark:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hulk-1-CGC-3-0-Marvel-1962-Key-Silver-Age-RARE-113-cm-/281412994476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41858585ac

-J.