• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

How long does it take for confirmation to hit GPA?

If it's a non-paying winner, the sale is recorded as such under the grade/price sales column - yeah?

Unless there is obviously something fishy about the sale, GPA should record it tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. On its face there is nothing fishy about the auction. Under bidder put on his max bid and said "no mas". Nothing unusual about that. If the seller re-lists the book GPA will catch it and note it as such.

-J.

Unless there is obviously something fishy about the sale, GPA should record it tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. On its face there is nothing fishy about the auction. Under bidder put on his max bid and said "no mas". Nothing unusual about that. If the seller re-lists the book GPA will catch it and note it as such.

-J.

smileyfish.gifsmileyfish.gifsmileyfish.gif

:grin:

Seeing these prices, I may consider moving my 2.5 to pay for my trip to Italy next month.

I understand it's tempting to cash in on the Hulk 1 frenzy but I would caution that you will not be able to buy back cheaper in the future. This isn't movie hype. Similar to AF 15, the prices just keep going up. With a census of half that of AF15 it may prove to be even stronger. If you really like this book I think you will regret selling.

Seeing these prices, I may consider moving my 2.5 to pay for my trip to Italy next month.

I understand it's tempting to cash in on the Hulk 1 frenzy but I would caution that you will not be able to buy back cheaper in the future. This isn't movie hype. Similar to AF 15, the prices just keep going up. With a census of half that of AF15 it may prove to be even stronger. If you really like this book I think you will regret selling.

I concur Bob! (thumbs u It may be impossible for me to upgrade now. :facepalm::cry:

I concur Bob! (thumbs u It may be impossible for me to upgrade now. :facepalm::cry:

I concur,though I'm very happy with my 3.5 :cloud9:

Me too. :cloud9: I didn't intend to time the market, but I guess buying in February worked out ok.

I'd caution you against selling too. Hulk #1 is becoming a very difficult book to replace, even if you want to spend the money. It'll be cheaper in the long run to pay for the trip another way. Besides, you don't want to taint the memories of what sounds like a great trip with the regret of selling a key you may not get back...

+ 1 my buyers remorse was short-lived.

A couple things that have not been mentioned (to my knowledge):

If someone is putting together a set of marvel keys, they need this book, there is a obviously a short supply and a high demand thing here. The other keys are relatively easy. I recently started to work on a set of keys along with my FF run, I started with IH, took what I could afford grade-wise and paid what seemed like stupid money, glad I did.

I wonder how many collectors know this book predates AF15? (not talking about boardies of course, just the general collector population, as we know, boardies are omniscient)

I'm happy also buddy, but there's nothing wrong with aspiring to get my mitts on a nice 9.0 copy! :P

I sold a bunch of great books last spring to take the fam on a 2-week trip to France this summer and have no regrets. The trip and the memories are priceless, the books are just things.

At some point, the book simply becomes too valuable to justify keeping...and that point depends on one's personal wealth, other commitments (family), and priorities (admiring that Hulk 1, or the Piazza del Campo :cloud9: ).

I sold a bunch of great books last spring to take the fam on a 2-week trip to France this summer and have no regrets. The trip and the memories are priceless, the books are just things.

At some point, the book simply becomes too valuable to justify keeping...and that point depends on one's personal wealth, other commitments (family), and priorities (admiring that Hulk 1, or the Piazza del Campo :cloud9: ).

Memories fade, I'd keep the hulk. lol

-J.

I feel the same way as hulkdaddy , very fish and I believe this book will not be paid for

However ppl here want to believe its legit (for their own benefit ?) so be it

I can not see this book holding a value of 3.5k (7k for a 2.0 :insane: )

2c

Such a negative outlook.

Is everyone dumber than you, or just the ones who own a Hulk 1?

But seriously, I don't understand the need to insult others to get your point across.

However ppl here want to believe its legit (for their own benefit ?) so be it.

(thumbs u

The cheerleading and sunshine-pumping on this thread leaves no room for non-believers! :preach: