• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True comics #2 club

37 posts in this topic

True Comics

The Kind Kids Parents Like!

I'm pretty sure no child ever bought a copy of this with their own dime. Let's see, History of the Red Cross or Captain America punching out Hitler? hm

True Comics

The Kind Kids Parents Like!

I'm pretty sure no child ever bought a copy of this with their own dime. Let's see, History of the Red Cross or Captain America punching out Hitler? hm

It'd be pretty awesome if it was the Red Cross kicking Hitler's can.

Woo Hoo! Finally a club I can join! Suck it Action #7!

TrueComics2.jpg

Beautiful! :cloud9: A true classic.

Everyone should mannup, trade off their over-rated superhero stuff, and upgrade into one of these babies (thumbs u

could somebody with a raw one post the "u.s. producer no.1" story? i'm dying to see how that one turns out.

From GCD: Biography of Bill Knudsen, Director Office of Production Management for President Roosevelt

He's actually a very important individual to the success of US wartime production. He served for $1 a year and was crucial in identifying critical dependencies necessary to quickly convert from civilian to military hardware. You can read about him (and US war production) in the book below where it points out that US war output swelled so quickly that by the end of 1944, almost a year before the end of the war, it was already able to start a significant ramp down of production.

Freedom's Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II Linky

True Comics #1 has a Bill Knudsen cameo on the last page, but True Comics #2 was his first full appearance.

i think i may have ruptured something vital when this busted my gut.