• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need 30+ books pressed. Who all presses????

120 posts in this topic

I'm surprised there isn't anyone up there in Canada that presses books, but I guess even if there was - you'd still be paying to submit to CGC from out-of-country...

Some have tried but waiting for the glacier to engulf the comic proved too time consuming.

:makepoint:

The "have a polar bear sit on it" method was equally disappointing.

I'm surprised there isn't anyone up there in Canada that presses books, but I guess even if there was - you'd still be paying to submit to CGC from out-of-country...

Some have tried but waiting for the glacier to engulf the comic proved too time consuming.

Seriously, though, heat up a curling stone in the oven, smash that book and PRESTO, you are having back bacon, poutine and maple syrup in no time with a super sweet pressed comic!!

Is poutine a Canadian thing?

Is your google broken?

Curious - what would happen if you got an honest answer?

I'd probably fall off my chair in surprise

hm

-slym

Surprise at getting an answer. Not necessarily surprise at who did the pressing.

Seriously, though, heat up a curling stone in the oven, smash that book and PRESTO, you are having back bacon, poutine and maple syrup in no time with a super sweet pressed comic!!

Is your google broken?

:o

It's a Quebecois thing, so somewhere in between

This is the guy who invented Poutine, and an example of how people in Quebec speak...(in case you were wondering)

:roflmao: iceman!! I'm from the void, no poutine for you!!!

It's a Quebecois thing, so somewhere in between

isn't that the void between Ontario and the east coast?

$100 ?!?!?!

Being from Canada (Quebec), if you get a collector's society membership with the 10% off on grading, for modern books if you submit at least 10 books at a time, get them press first by CCS (cgc in house), and then transferred automatically to CGC for grading, with all the shipping fees etc. it gets down to about $35-40 per book.

Yeah i wish there was!

As it is, it is a little more than 100 bucks to have a single book pressed/ CGC encapsulated. Then if currency exchange is less favorable add 10%. :(

To me the whole process is like a lottery.