• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
26 26

7,894 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, jimjum12 said:

@CGC Mike

Personally, I would like a stickied thread at the top of this thread that has a list of recommended PB/ Book dealer's and dealer sites .

Are you saying that you would like me to edit the first post in this thread with the list, or a new thread.  Just let me know.  I can edit the first post in this thread and pin it.  If you or someone else starts a new thread, I can pin it.  

On 8/4/2024 at 8:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

Are you saying that you would like me to edit the first post in this thread with the list, or a new thread.  Just let me know.  I can edit the first post in this thread and pin it.  If you or someone else starts a new thread, I can pin it.  

I'm not as good at explaining anymore, but what I'm talking about is a list with dealers and websites and references basically, to steer novices towards reputable options. There is already such a thing in the GA and SA treads, so nothing radical. Here is a link to the one in the Golden Age Forum

List of GA dealers online

Considering how many book dealers carry PBs, HBs, and Pulps, it could be a simple tweak within the Pulp Forum, since that's where everyone goes for those things. Hopefully this helped. My brain is now made out of cotton candy, so I don't always make sense. Thank you, sir. If a person wanted to add someone to the list, maybe copy, paste, and add? GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I love Charlton comics, but it's mostly a kitsch thing. 

The painted GGA on the Monarch paperbacks is top notch, though - Harry Barton, Tom Miller, Rafael DeSoto, Bob Maguire. Love this new one that came in last week (everybody seems to have it):

TheFleshPeddlers-FrankBoyd(akaFrankKane)(1963.Monarch398)coverRobertMaguirePBO.thumb.jpg.ee58cc4f067ac46447e9cfc2ecaa2204.jpg

Didn't quite catch the horizontal creasing in the auction photos, but pbs seem to be like that -

As far as the Monarch fiction - I haven't gotten to much of it yet :D

(that's Frank Kane on The Flesh Peddlers)

• Administrator
On 8/5/2024 at 7:16 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not as good at explaining anymore, but what I'm talking about is a list with dealers and websites and references basically, to steer novices towards reputable options. There is already such a thing in the GA and SA treads, so nothing radical. Here is a link to the one in the Golden Age Forum

List of GA dealers online

Considering how many book dealers carry PBs, HBs, and Pulps, it could be a simple tweak within the Pulp Forum, since that's where everyone goes for those things. Hopefully this helped. My brain is now made out of cotton candy, so I don't always make sense. Thank you, sir. If a person wanted to add someone to the list, maybe copy, paste, and add? GOD BLESS ...

Well, if someone wants to start a thread here in the pulps section, I would gladly pin it.  :)

On 8/5/2024 at 8:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

Well, if someone wants to start a thread here in the pulps section, I would gladly pin it.  :)

PULP, PB, and Hardback DEALERS ONLINE

I just did this morning, and if anyone sees glaring omissions, please chime in. I only listed folks I actually had experience with, so there will be others with great track records. Grading, as always, is subjective, but those listed so far, always left me happy. GOD BLESS ...

Edited by jimjum12

• Administrator
On 8/6/2024 at 3:14 AM, jimjum12 said:

PULP, PB, and Hardback DEALERS ONLINE

I just did this morning, and if anyone sees glaring omissions, please chime in. I only listed folks I actually had experience with, so there will be others with great track records. Grading, as always, is subjective, but those listed so far, always left me happy. GOD BLESS ...

The thread has been pinned.  (thumbsu

I looked that one up when you shared it in connections because I like it so much.  Let's just say the one copy I did find is not cheap :D

I'm not real creeped out by this.  He's perving, but she seems to know he's a clown.  Who's the artist, "Elaine?"

It's full of all sorts of great little details.

On 8/7/2024 at 5:58 PM, Darwination said:

I looked that one up when you shared it in connections because I like it so much.  Let's just say the one copy I did find is not cheap :D

I'm not real creeped out by this.  He's perving, but she seems to know he's a clown.  Who's the artist, "Elaine?"

It's full of all sorts of great little details.

My price was less than $100, so I jumped on the purchase right away, even with no scans.  I snooze, I lose.

Elaine Dillon, known as the first female romance books artist, died recently.

IMG_4152.jpeg.f39f28322a726e67720d238af933d28f.jpeg

On 8/7/2024 at 9:17 PM, BitterOldMan said:

My price was less than $100, so I jumped on the purchase right away, even with no scans.  I snooze, I lose.

Elaine Dillon, known as the first female romance books artist, died recently.

IMG_4152.jpeg.f39f28322a726e67720d238af933d28f.jpeg

Elaine Duillo was the artist. You're mixing her with Diane Dillon.