• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Boyd / Comic Book Lounge SS Opps thread

81 posts in this topic

Just putting something together for the new year.

Hey, bit of trivia for you --- the movie Kick- 2 was shot around the corner from the store. 2013_11_26_dave-clinton.jpg

You can usually find us at Toronto area events. Toronto ComiCON, Fan Expo Canada. I will also be attending some other Southern Ontario Events --- notably the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in May, and most likely the Niagara Falls Comic Con in June.

As with most Facilitators pricing varies per signature, you are responsible for all autograph charges incurred for these requests.

We also run events at the store semi-regularly and many Toronto area comic pros are local at the store, so I can make arrangements with them if there are people who want to make SS or sketch cover requests (people like Ty Templeton, Francis Manapul, Ramon Perez, Marcus To, Marco Rudy, Ray Fawkes, Scott Hepburn, Jeff Lemire, Paul Rivoche have been known to drop by). I'm not promising they will say yes - they are often on busy work schedules and can't commit to doing a lot of sketches (signing is less of an issue) - but we can make the connection and find out pricing from them and run the books through the store. On occasion we will offer special signings to celebrate a special issue release as we have in the past with Flash #1, Constantine #1 and other new release comics.

I also have a large collection of Marvel and DC blanks available at the store for said requests, they generally run $5-7 each depending on the blank.

Christopher Yao, our artist-in-residence does a number of requests on blanks and he has a large selection of sketch covers available (there's a wall of them at the store). We'll be working with him to link to a website with examples of his work.

I also work with many other local artists who are available for signature and sketch requests. I'll post some information if they are available and willing to run requests.

I'd definitely be interested in some Ty Templeton SS and a Cover Sketch opp. Thanks for the heads up!

There is a 9.6 SS at his store that has a beautiful Templeton amalgam Wolverine sketch 340 swipe. :baiting:

HA! Only issue is that I'm a Batman fanatic and I know he worked on the Batman Animated Series comics for a while. I'm looking to get his Batman on a Batman Blank (either Batman #0 or Batman: Black and White #1) plus a few sigs on some comics.

Thanks for the heads up though! (thumbs u

Alas the Amalgam cover sold the other day. :sorry:

I can ask Ty if he's up for one, he's been very busy finishing up his latest Batman '66 story and has been cryptically saying he's got a big announcement coming soon... signing would require approval from the powers that be.

Dave Sim? No, he hasn't. We did do an event with Gerhard last fall and Dave came in for lunch but he doesn't do store appearances. He might just pop in out of the blue for a visit if he is in town for other business.

If there were ever a mail-in signature opportunity for Gerhard, I'd be in for 1 or 2 books.

TCAF (The Toronto Comic Arts Festival) is quickly approaching. May 10-11

Mainstream Guests include:

Ed Brubaker

Darwyn Cooke

Stuart Immonen

Ryan North (Adventure Time)

Ramon Perez

Sean Phillips

Paul Pope

Jeff Smith

Chip Zdarsky

Jim Zub

Full list here: http://torontocomics.com/exhibitors/

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I will only be able to pick up pre-arranged sketch covers. I will not be able to act as an agent on behalf of anyone since no one has advertised sketch prices and the lines are fairly long. Any locals who wish to arrange to have a cover done at the show, you'll need to find me and my witness for pick-up.

Doesn't look like Bryan Lee O'Malley is coming this year. Seth will be there.

Francis Manapul (The Flash, Detective Comics)

will be signing and sketching at the Comic Book Lounge

from 2-5 pm

Saturday April 5

to celebrate the release of his first issue of Detective Comics

Ty Templeton (Batman '66)

will be signing and sketching at the Comic Book Lounge

from 7-11 pm

Saturday, April 5

to celebrate the release of the Batman '66 Hardcover Vol. 1

The Comic Book Lounge & Gallery / Temple of Toys

587A College Street

Toronto, Ontario