• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of Amazing Spider-Man 1 Marvel Now

61 posts in this topic

I don't care for Ramos either. His stylized proportions are typically what I do not like, big feet, chunking blocky calves and then ultra skinny.

That cover we are discussing has a terrible pose, and a silly look on the face that elevates this to a level above most of his other work in the awful department.

I don't care for Ramos either. His stylized proportions are typically what I do not like, big feet, chunking blocky calves and then ultra skinny.

That cover we are discussing has a terrible pose, and a silly look on the face that elevates this to a level above most of his other work in the awful department.

I know the cover in question, and I agree... not his best work at all... :facepalm:

I know the cover in question, and I agree... not his best work at all... :facepalm:

What the hell is going on with your avatar? Was Spidey bitten by Reed Richards? lol

28628.jpg

What the hell is going on with your avatar? Was Spidey bitten by Reed Richards? lol

28628.jpg

it just makes me laugh when I see it... it's off this issue:

Humberto-Ramos.jpg

That cover made me want to vomit or cry. :cry: It's horrific. Really.

But I don't blame the artist. I blame the Marvel Comics art editor who is responsible for letting that go to the printer. Do you think John Romita -- when he was Marvel's art editor back in the day -- would ever let that cover fly? NFW.

I don't know, I wish they would make a variant to that cover.

Humberto Ramos is the worst artist....yuck

+ 1,000,000,000. BLAH :sick:

It's too early in the game to bring Peter back. Leave it to Marvel to come up with a great concept and *spoon* it up.

Of course Peter would come back before the ASM 2 movie. It was wayyy too predictable.

I don't know, I wish they would make a variant to that cover.

Humberto Ramos is the worst artist....yuck

+ 1,000,000,000. BLAH :sick:

It's too early in the game to bring Peter back. Leave it to Marvel to come up with a great concept and *spoon* it up.

Of course Peter would come back before the ASM 2 movie. It was wayyy too predictable.

True, we all saw it coming. And it will make $$$. But this is not a #1 that I am going to snag 20 copies of and stash away. Along with all the variants, there will eventually be 2nd, 3rd, 4th printings. This is a #1 that will go nowhere in value. Buyers will spend a lot of money on the more rare variants and then months later won't be able to get their money back.