• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2014 book club

160 posts in this topic

OK, so here are some of the rules are:

- Time frame: Starting January 1st to December 31st 2014 any comic book you read can be added to this list.

- Comics of any time type can be included. Back issues are fine. For me, this thread was originally done for me to try and get through my large pile of new issues that I tend to get behind on.

- How you want to do this is up to you really. It isn't a competition. It is done also to get people talking about various comics. That is the important thing.

i was saddened that no one had started this thread, part of the joy of the hobby should be reading comic books. my goal is much reduced from the 2000 i read in 2013 but i'm off and running:

Ghosts #1

Voices in the Dark #1 - interesting read, better creator back story

Snapshot #1-4 - 8 years from ashcan to comic, could've stayed buried

Black Beetle #1-4, loved this. what became of 2nd arc?

The Answer! #1-4- the Question! "what is a terrible mini-series released by DH in 2013?"

Slayground -Darwyn Cooke does Richard Start/Donald Westlake proud :cloud9:

Battlefields #1-6 -Ennis war books nearly always terrific (thumbs u

Whistling Skull #1-6 -can't get too much Tony Harris

Global Frequency #1-12 -Ellis in fine form :applause:

Green Lantern New 52 #0-16 - :(

Exiles #1-25 - recommended by someone (Buzzetta?) and i second the recommendation

I can't believe I am going to do this to myself again. Every year I have failed, last year got so busy I stopped counting. Oh well, this is more for everyone else anyway.

And go...

I gave up counting last year,I had more fun just reading without having to track.

Walking Dead 119 (lots of action but I no longer care about the characters)

Scalped 48-60 (good not great)

Todd, The Ugliest Kid on Earth 1-4 (interesting but it hasn't gripped me yet. might give up on it)

I did OK last I know I know I stop counting some comics because I got so behind. I'll give it a shot again this year hopefully I'll break it.

Read so far;

Prophet Vol. 1 Remission #1-6(interesting not a bad)

I'll try this again. I'm sure the result will be just like the last two years and not reach the 1000 comics, but we'll never know if I don't try.

Anyhow here is what I have read so far:

Superman Vol 1 #17

Superman/Batman Generations 1 - 4

1602 1 - 8

Injustice Gods Among us 1 - 12 & Annual #1

Age of Ultron 1 - 10

Total: 36.

Do they have to be hardcopies of comics?

With the Marvel Unlimited Ap I will clear 1000 easily.

A lot of my books are through the Marvel app and Comixology so i say they count.

IMHO, if it is an issue of the comic that you read fully, whether digital or paper, it is an issue read.

(thumbs u

-slym