• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

The Sean Gordon Murphy variant is live on Midtown. $10 each.

You can see the cover in this morning's Bleeding Cool article.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/12/cover-variants-midtown-exclusives-on-wytches-axis-death-of-wolverine-thor-doctor-who-and-sabrina/

They'll have alot of variants released the same weekend as NYCC. Well planned, Midtown Comics, well planned...

Anyone doing a private Snyder/Jock signing? Prob wishful thinking.

Also anyone know if he charges and if he limits the amount if books he'll sign for each person?

Snyder will be at NYCC. Not sure about Jock since he's from the UK. You can always hit him up on twitter to see if he's attending. Snyder signs for free as does Jock.

Sean Murphy has a variant coming for this book and is going to NYCC so you can always get that signed. Same deal with the Francesco Francavilla Variant since he too will be at NYCC. He confirmed this on twitter yesterday.

I know most of you don't like variants, but I am LOVING the Sean Murphy and Francavilla ones.

The Murphy just has that super-creepy "there's a monster under my bed feeling" and the artwork is just fantastic. You can see the child's reflection in the window.

The Francavilla has that "not everything is as it seems" vibe with the 'witch' being as tall as the trees.

Awesome and I will probably end up with one of each cover.

Chiang's isn't bad.

Sienkiewicz's is growing on me.

There's another one but it doesn't interest me at all. It looks too 'soft'.

I truly love the Sean Gordon Murphy variant. The juxtaposition of the innocence and frailty of the child in fear, with the sinister character of what I presume to be a witch gives the vibe of a horror tale. Unfortunately, my track record with condition from Midtown has been pretty bad overall.

I can't choose a cover until I've seen Nguyen's, but if I end up picking Murphy's, I hope someone on the boards can help me out when the time comes.