• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

hm

How do they decide on who gets to do a variant ? Does Image or the variant company decide on the artist ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If it was money they would not have turned down the hundreds of requests.

hm

How do they decide on who gets to do a variant ? Does Image or the variant company decide on the artist ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There may have been money paid to keep the covers exclusive.

hm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I guess but even if that is the case it would not compare to fulfilling the requests.

hm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I guess but even if that is the case it would not compare to fulfilling the requests.

If they accepted every request, all the stores that got a variant would be upset at the number of other stores getting a piece of the pie. They likely had a number in mind for the number of variants they wanted to do, and then chose the outlets that they felt would give them the greatest benefit. That could be a monster order from Midtown, extra buzz about the book at a major con, or a handy from a shop that has a really cute girl working there. Who knows.

hm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Who knows.

Exactly.

I am just going by the emails I have from Image over the last 6 months. (thumbs u

hm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe, maybe not. Think of all the copies of The Last Of Us that could sell on XBox, but never will because Sony has an exclusive. Video games are not cheap to produce, the exclusive rights must not have been cheap.