• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

hm

Why can't it be more like Saga than Bedlam?

Hey with my pre-orders I hope for a Saga but all these variants (I believe Saga had only a RRP)it is shaping up to be Bedlam :sorry:

I'm thinking Black Science is a closer comparison. The odds of another Saga coming along would take discipline on the part of the publisher, and I don't think they care about the back issues sales, just the immediate sale. Which, if they were paying attention, isn't necessarily the smartest move and a robust back issue market can help new issue sales. Walking Dead.

I think the comic will do fine regardless. The creators are top notch and the story looks terrific. Nothing wrong with a solid comic that doesn't have a meteoric rise in value.

Not sure a horror title like this has quite the mainstream appeal Saga does. I finally checked Saga out after two or three people I know who don't typically read comics (as in never been inside a comic shop) recommended it to me.

Looks like the Francavilla variant is hot: http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/10/07/wytches-francavilla-variant-heating-up/

I ordered 3 straight from the store that's offering them. It'll take you straight to PayPal when you put your total that you want (up to 5) so you don't have to register for their site. As previously stated in this thread, there are only 1,000 being produced.

Looks like the Francavilla variant is hot: http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/10/07/wytches-francavilla-variant-heating-up/

I ordered 3 straight from the store that's offering them. It'll take you straight to PayPal when you put your total that you want (up to 5) so you don't have to register for their site. As previously stated in this thread, there are only 1,000 being produced.

I'm on the fence with this one. Do we know the print run of NYCC variant ? I'm thinking the NYCC will be the book to own.

^^^ I agree!

I personally think the Francavilla, Murphy and Nguyen NYCC exclusive will all be very popular.

The Sienkiewicz is pretty cool but I don't feel it will hold up to the other 3.

The Clooney is just blah and boring.

Edit: I was missing the Chiang one. It looks pretty good too

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

Not for wytches but the cowl HC at NYCC will be a 250 print run. I dont know why they don't put this on the website. Its an obvious selling point
I imagine they're going to sell through without even hyping the print run. They'll probably sell through on the 500 print run ones too. Maybe they don't advertise the print run because they want people to buy the other covers too while they're there.