• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo 2014

25 posts in this topic

I've read some stuff that is very intriguing such as, Snyder on a new book, Willingham doing a creator owned book which I will buy no matter what it is, and Low by Remender sounds great. There are many other books I want to give a try and I'm already thinking 2014 is going to be another banner year.

I was surprised to see that Spencer was adding 3 more books to his slate. I like his writing and I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for Bedlam unless it's going quarterly or something along those lines. I can wait on Jupiter's Legacy so... lol

The Invincible announcement was a little underwhelming to me but I buy all of the trades and switch them out for compendiums. I'm in to this until there is no this.

Lots of other stuff was mentioned and I'm excited. How about you ?

Other than those you mentioned, I was intrigued by 3 other titles.

1) Deconnick's person_without_enough_empathy Planet. I admit I didn't like Pretty Deadly; it got too caught up in style & metaphor. But a homage to female prison exploitation films seems right up Deconnick's alley. Could be a lot of fun.

2) C.O.W.L. Setting it in the 50's with superheroes working for a government agency provides some intriguing historical context, adding a new spin to the "superheroes losing their innocence" theme.

3) Fraction's Ody-C. Setting it in space and gender-switching all the characters is a pretty bold. I also loved the character designs, especially Hermes.

If you replace a letter in a word that CGC filters to get around the filter, it is considered masking and people have been known to hit the "Notify" button on posts with masked words. Most of us know what the filtered result means anyway. ;)

Just a fair warning.

:eek:

-slym

Other than those you mentioned, I was intrigued by 3 other titles.

1) Deconnick's person_without_enough_empathy Planet. I admit I didn't like Pretty Deadly; it got too caught up in style & metaphor. But a homage to female prison exploitation films seems right up Deconnick's alley. Could be a lot of fun.

2) C.O.W.L. Setting it in the 50's with superheroes working for a government agency provides some intriguing historical context, adding a new spin to the "superheroes losing their innocence" theme.

3) Fraction's Ody-C. Setting it in space and gender-switching all the characters is a pretty bold. I also loved the character designs, especially Hermes.

Yeah, all 3 of these seem worth at least trying a few. C.O.W.L. sounds awesome.

Totally emptying my bank account for these..

Brubaker and Philips on Fade to Black

Snyder and Jock on Wytches

Remender and Tocchini on Low (hated Tocchini on X-Force but this looks good)

Gillen and Mckelvie on The Wicked and Divine

Fraction and Ward on ODY-C

Spencer and Irving on Cerulean

Spender and Jeske on The Great Beyond (dug Jeske on Zero)

Not sure about the others, Of course there's the obvious Kirkman/Azaceta on Outcast.

What an awesome event. (Crappy Cellphone Picture intensive :whee: .)

th_IMG_0144_zps01d1ebfc.jpg

Great guests, great fans and interactions. Just a really positive gathering of Image Comic fans. (worship)

th_IMG_0152_zps499c7fbb.jpg

I am really excited to see what happens with Invincible in #three1sarebetterthan1. hm

th_IMG_0145_zps3d5c3dc2.jpg

Ton's of exciting books coming up. Out of all of them Cerulean, Wytches, and ODY-C really stood out to me. Nick Spencer's first foray into a story based in space sounds really awesome and he was really excited about it as well when I spoke to him during the signing. Quite the cast of creators working on their own material! Watch out Marvel and DC :sumo:!

th_IMG_0149_zps0f674f47.jpg

th_IMG_0148_zpsc0b3dc1a.jpg

I got to know Randy and his buddy Chewy. It was great hearing Randy's story about his Captain America Shield that he has signed and sketched by A LOT of creators. All of whom have worked with Captain America/Avengers. This is probably one of the most impressive collector's items I have ever witness up close and personal.

th_IMG_0150_zpsa57baa11.jpg

And now for the loot Pictures :insane: ! And a special thanks to JoelElad and BeerThirty (thumbs u for making slabbing some SS books pain free and easy!

th_IMG_0154_zps97383a03.jpg

th_IMG_0155_zpsef49a9b0.jpg

th_IMG_0156_zpsd3f1ff96.jpg

th_IMG_0157_zpsf2283b30.jpg

th_IMG_0158_zpsbbea4a19.jpg

I can't wait for Expo 2015! Hopefully they do a second one in the later half of this year....

What is that "I is for Image" thing?

I am very excited for:

ODY-C

Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham's horror comic

Anything new by Brubaker and Phillips

The next Casanova book (although looks like we will have to wait until the end of the year)

Cerulean (love Frazer Irving)

Overall some great titles. Once Brother Lono is finished and Fables wraps in the next year or so I think I am done with DC and Marvel for the forseeable future.

It's really great to see Image expanding in such a big way. I'm definitely the most excited about Low, but lots of those titles look interesting. If they all turn out as good as they look, my bank account and attention span are in real trouble.

What an awesome event. (Crappy Cellphone Picture intensive :whee: .)

th_IMG_0144_zps01d1ebfc.jpg

Great guests, great fans and interactions. Just a really positive gathering of Image Comic fans. (worship)

th_IMG_0152_zps499c7fbb.jpg

I am really excited to see what happens with Invincible in #three1sarebetterthan1. hm

th_IMG_0145_zps3d5c3dc2.jpg

Ton's of exciting books coming up. Out of all of them Cerulean, Wytches, and ODY-C really stood out to me. Nick Spencer's first foray into a story based in space sounds really awesome and he was really excited about it as well when I spoke to him during the signing. Quite the cast of creators working on their own material! Watch out Marvel and DC :sumo:!

th_IMG_0149_zps0f674f47.jpg

th_IMG_0148_zpsc0b3dc1a.jpg

I got to know Randy and his buddy Chewy. It was great hearing Randy's story about his Captain America Shield that he has signed and sketched by A LOT of creators. All of whom have worked with Captain America/Avengers. This is probably one of the most impressive collector's items I have ever witness up close and personal.

th_IMG_0150_zpsa57baa11.jpg

And now for the loot Pictures :insane: ! And a special thanks to JoelElad and BeerThirty (thumbs u for making slabbing some SS books pain free and easy!

th_IMG_0154_zps97383a03.jpg

th_IMG_0155_zpsef49a9b0.jpg

th_IMG_0156_zpsd3f1ff96.jpg

th_IMG_0157_zpsf2283b30.jpg

th_IMG_0158_zpsbbea4a19.jpg

I can't wait for Expo 2015! Hopefully they do a second one in the later half of this year....

Nice Haul! Oooh oooh I like those WD bandages.

The guy who was super cool was Brandon Graham. He signed and sketched for hours. The guy just loves his fans. I didn't ask for anything and he proceeded to sketch on every single book that I put in front of him. Generous as can be.

The creators were a little more transparent about the process in the Retailer only program, and it was pretty refreshing to hear.

Also, people like Willingham, Spencer, and Snyder were honest about trying to find windows of time to devote to creating the new worlds of their books. That's why a lot of the announcements yesterday were for "second half of the year" launches. Fairly non-committal, and clearly subject to change.

Unspoken, but I think a lot of creators with current books are either going to end the existing books or jump one one book for a story arc, then have someone else do the next one, then jump back.