• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is this?

28 posts in this topic

The book is a Marvel UK black-and-white reprint of ASM 121, not a UK-distributed original.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. No one is saying it's an original, or it would have been yellow. (shrug)

I brought this up in a CGC Journals post but thought I'd ask here as well. I know double covers aren't an everyday thing but just wondering how many have come across or heard about a double cover copy of Amazing Spider-man 121?

Double covers are very rare. For any particular issue, if a double cover exists, there would are typically one or two known. There are exceptions, although very few. I know of at least 10 double cover copies of X-Men 202.

There is at least one other high-grade Spidey 121. It is CGC certified in 9.6.

If you don't collect Spidey double covers you should hit Cosmic Spider-man up. Your book would look very good in his double cover collection, which you can find here .

Is that a real book? If so I have to say it is very cool.

No, it's not a real book.

Awhile back, I posted a scan of the UK ASM 121, which has a black cover and looks better (IMO) than the yellow one we got, and the forum faithful (can't remember exactly who??) Photoshopped the image of the NA ASM 121 to match the UK one.

You think that looks better? I love the yellow and could you imagine all the color touch that would have happened to those books?

I brought this up in a CGC Journals post but thought I'd ask here as well. I know double covers aren't an everyday thing but just wondering how many have come across or heard about a double cover copy of Amazing Spider-man 121?

Double covers are very rare. For any particular issue, if a double cover exists, there would are typically one or two known. There are exceptions, although very few. I know of at least 10 double cover copies of X-Men 202.

If you don't collect Spidey double covers you should hit Cosmic Spider-man up. Your book would look very good in his double cover collection, which you can find here .

Wow, and he even has a triple cover of ASM #119. Pretty cool to see all those double covers together in one collection. It had to be difficult (and expensive) to put something like that together.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Wow, and he even has a triple cover of ASM #119. Pretty cool to see all those double covers together in one collection. It had to be difficult (and expensive) to put something like that together.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

:grin: I actually have two Triple Cover ASM's now thanks to board member comicparadox and I have bought several more Double Covers also since I last updated my page. I have been working on this Collection for around 12 years, I try to buy everyone that comes up for sale that I don't already have if I can, most of my books I think I got at a pretty good price on with a few exceptions like the #129 I paid allot for that one but it is a very cool book.

:cool: You should check out canickus web page he has his very Cool X-Men Double Cover Collection up here; X-Men Double Covers you might find it interesting.

You should check out canickus web page he has his very Cool X-Men Double Cover Collection up here; X-Men Double Covers you might find it interesting.

Thanks for the link. It had been awhile since I looked at his X-Men double covers and it reminds me how far I am behind him.