• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

49 posts in this topic

Paging Blow Up The Moon. Blow Up the Moon to the red courtesy phone... :popcorn:

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Seriously? You are going to ask that question? With tens of thousands of comic book collectors on this Board you have the stupidity to ask if anyone has ever dealt with the largest comic book auction house?

Why are these noobs are too lazy to hit the search button?

I give up.

Thats fine...I did do a search for them in the search section. Nothing came up... now yes it was a quick search as well. Also, I didn't know it was the same as comic connect.

So yes, excuse my stupidity! :)

Paging Blow Up The Moon. Blow Up the Moon to the red courtesy phone... :popcorn:

Seriously? You are going to ask that question? With tens of thousands of comic book collectors on this Board you have the stupidity to ask if anyone has ever dealt with the largest comic book auction house?

I give up.

Thats fine...I did do a search for them in the search section. Nothing came up... now yes it was a quick search as well. Also, I didn't know it was the same as comic connect.

Well, you can't help it. :baiting:

I give up.

You're not stupid and your question wasn't stupid.

But if your search here didn't return the expected results (and it should have if you performed the search correctly), maybe try google, bing or altavista.

I give up.

But if your search here didn't return the expected results (and it should have if you performed the search correctly), maybe try google, bing or altavista.

Do you have a link for google?

I give up.

Do you have a link for google?

lol

"metropolis comics" site:http://boards.collectors-society.com/

Gee, thought only brought back 6,410 results. Must be a new topic on here. hm

All joking aside, that's the best, if not the only way to perform a good search on these boards.

I just wish the search function was available for PMs. I hate having to go through them a block at a time to figure out the one I was looking for.

I give up.

they have a bunch of mailing lists and want lists

I have had no complaints

:)

I give up.

No worries. Everybody is new once. I've bought many comics from them over the past 10+ years. Like most dealers, their raw books are more likely to be a bit overgraded than they are to be undergraded, but by and large, I've been happy with them.

As with any large dealer, you are going to find some people who have had a bad experience with them for one reason or another. But I would hazard a guess that most people on these boards don't hesitate to buy from them.

Vincent Z. is a member and does occasionally post.

I have not always been happy with my purchases from them, but on every occasion, they have stepped up and corrected the problem. While ideally, every transaction should be problem free from the get go, I respect them for correcting them in the end.

I'd give them an A- if I were to grade them.

I've heard that they over grade and are the Devil. That's kept me from buying from them.

+1 Mostly because Vincent hoards Fantastic Comics #3's. I hate him.

It's Stephen that is partial to that book, not Vinnie.

I've bought several comics from ComicConnect, rarely had an issue. Bought a 9.4 raw that was very overgraded and and a 9.4 raw that was graded by CGC as a 9.4. Gotten lots of juicy slabs from them. Fortunately, their current auction is a bit lackluster, like they're clearing house, so they won't be doing a wallet drain on me this time.

They just sold a raw Okajima Shadow Comic as VF+++ (their grade listing)

Just found out it was a cracked 7.5 slab.

So they either bumped it 2+ grades, or they pressed it up to the new higher grade.

Don't take their grading as gospel.

And I really hoped they didn't press that Okajima.

Correcting my previous comment. This was worldwide not metro

Why are these noobs too lazy to hit the search button?

I give up.

And I thought "Here's your answer, donkey" was brusque.

Why are these noobs too lazy to hit the search button?

I give up.

61kgf.gif

Back when I was actively buying/collecting I bought many times from Metro. Always smooth dealings. I started with a fair bit of pre-code horror over time. Overall the grading was good and sometimes better than I was expecting. I never returned a pre-code to them. Some books I had been looking for a good while (like some of the Avon 1-shots) and even in places like Wondercon and SD I either struck out or they were too much $$$ for the grade. Metro was the best fir for me then.

When I started collecting DC BA Horror in high grade they had some beauties. Some pricier but some quite fair. One time I got a couple that were supposed to be 9.4 but the pages were tan and another that had some creasing that took it out of 9.4. I spoke to (was it "Frank"?) and returned them.

After that, when I placed an order, Frank would email me and describe any possible condition issues on some of the books based on that conversation. That I consider good service. And we are talking about cheap (by comparison) DC BA non-keys.

First time I met Vinnie was at either Wondercon or Boston Con. They had a large display and I introduced myself and told him I was Povertyrow. He was most cordial and I explained I wanted to get a feel for their grading before I started ordering precodes.

Vinnie hauled out a couple of boxes or raw books graded and priced and told me I could look through them and see how their grading stacked up to mine.

Again, this is good service in my book and was what started me ordering precodes from them.