• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

49 posts in this topic

Just do a search for the word "Metropolis" in the thread title and you should be able to find a number of threads I would think, that could keep you reading until Monday.

If you look at my Signature, there's a link in there on how to use the search function.

Chances are, nearly everyone on the boards has had dealings with them. Nobody's bigger. They are the same company as Comic Connect. Their selection is tough to beat. They have some of the best books, and they know it. Their prices are very high, especially on the most desirable books, the ones you can't find anywhere else. I haven't had any issues with their customer service, etc. I don't typically agree with their grades on raw books; they don't appear to be as strict as I am.

I've heard that they over grade and are the Devil. That's kept me from buying from them.

If you are being serious, I have not found this at all. I ordered a book from them graded F and it was an easy VF/NM

So, what you are saying is they can't grade? :baiting:

Chances are, nearly everyone on the boards has had dealings with them. Nobody's bigger. They are the same company as Comic Connect. Their selection is tough to beat. They have some of the best books, and they know it. Their prices are very high, especially on the most desirable books, the ones you can't find anywhere else. I haven't had any issues with their customer service, etc. I don't typically agree with their grades on raw books; they don't appear to be as strict as I am.

PS - In fairness, I've heard they're pretty good about returns on raw books.

Paging Blow Up The Moon. Blow Up the Moon to the red courtesy phone... :popcorn:

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Seriously? You are going to ask that question? With tens of thousands of comic book collectors on this Board you have the stupidity to ask if anyone has ever dealt with the largest comic book auction house?

Why are these noobs too lazy to hit the search button?

I give up.

Paging Blow Up The Moon. Blow Up the Moon to the red courtesy phone... :popcorn:

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Seriously? You are going to ask that question? With tens of thousands of comic book collectors on this Board you have the stupidity to ask if anyone has ever dealt with the largest comic book auction house?

Why are these noobs are too lazy to hit the search button?

I give up.

And there ya go. :applause:

They just sold a raw Okajima Shadow Comic as VF+++ (their grade listing)

Just found out it was a cracked 7.5 slab.

So they either bumped it 2+ grades, or they pressed it up to the new higher grade.

Don't take their grading as gospel.

And I really hoped they didn't press that Okajima.