• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

I will say that it takes balls, money and some "know how" to attempt a business like this. Whoever decided to try it obviously thought it might have legs.

Agreed, but having someone state that they dropped their book off at lunch and got it back after (assuming) four hours is kinda detrimental in my thinking...

I know that people in the States love their ability to have big things fast. But that is just shoddy

You can "walkthrough" a book with CGC and have it back in a few hours. (shrug)

Really? hm

Sure. You pay $150 or 3% of the value of the book but walkthrough books are done same day, and if I had an Action #1, or some other 6 or 7 figure book of equal price I'd probably fly it down and be walking it through by hand.

Agreed :D

That's not actually too bad, IF they let you stand with the book at all times. I think it would be cool to see the process in action.

I will say that it takes balls, money and some "know how" to attempt a business like this. Whoever decided to try it obviously thought it might have legs.

It takes money, sure, but it also takes a metric mess-ton of optimism to assume that anyone is going to give you their valuable collectibles when your address is a PO box, and there are no real human names of people listed anywhere on the site.

Agreed. I was looking for a credible name on the site and didn't find any names.

One of the reviews mentions a first name.

Thanks Alistair from Vault you guys are the best.

It takes money, sure, but it also takes a metric mess-ton of optimism to assume that anyone is going to give you their valuable collectibles when your address is a PO box, and there are no real human names of people listed anywhere on the site.

Agreed. I was looking for a credible name on the site and didn't find any names.

I saw that. I wonder if it's as reliable as all the other information in the reviews. lol

I saw that. I wonder if it's as reliable as all the other information in the reviews. lol

I'm sure it is reliable. Why wouldn't it be? We read it on the internet.

Aww comeon. Don't be bashing. I am personally waiting for the infomericals before I make an informed decision...

:popcorn:

:roflmao:

In the realm of the absurd...you have the disparity between their claims in the reviews section....

my vault books sold for 35 to 50% higher than the same CGC books listed on ebay.

amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC.

i sold my 8.5 vault books for more than my 9.2 graded CGCs.

Then the reality.....

vaultasm300_zps94c00967.png

and what a CGC 9.6 sells for....

ASM300gpa_zps9256dd7f.png

62cni.jpg

Before I knew about PGX's shenanigans or anything about CGC, I was considering sending in some books. The emails would be responded to by two female employees. I think it was Daniel Patterson trying to show there was a larger staff than two guys in grandma's basement.

Before I knew about PGX's shenanigans or anything about CGC, I was considering sending in some books. The emails would be responded to by two female employees. I think it was Daniel Patterson trying to show there was a larger staff than two guys in grandma's basement.

I talked to Dan on the phone, and came very close to subbing my first books with PGX. :eek:

But...but Comicart1 sent his in and got it back after his happy meal!

This seller seems to try and cancel auctions when he doesn't get the price he wants, but I'm sure he'll get full price for those books I mean they are Vault graded.

I bid and was outbidded by someone with no feedback at all. Not going to go any higher than that. Thought maybe it was worth the risk since I have never owned this book...but not for that price lol

I bid and was outbidded by someone with no feedback at all. Not going to go any higher than that. Thought maybe it was worth the risk since I have never owned this book...but not for that price lol

Someone wants that book realllllly bad for a first-time bidder. Really bad!

144033.png.1171848b755dca5a4fc390be06a7c05d.png

Almost smells shillish.

:o

Not sure, but there are 6 people who despise CGC that have left feedback lol

They don't really count until we start seeing them in the bottom Ebay ads. Then be concerned.

Whoa! Wait a minute.

ckOYy56.jpg

No one caught that this is a NM98 being shown in the pic for a BA12 auction?

-slym

Not sure, but there are 6 people who despise CGC that have left feedback lol

They don't really count until we start seeing them in the bottom Ebay ads. Then be concerned.

Whoa! Wait a minute.

ckOYy56.jpg

No one caught that this is a NM98 being shown in the pic for a BA12 auction?

-slym

Yeah someone did Blindy!! :baiting:

Hey, at least it started at $.99 before all that bidding.

144034.png.5b81cb569c82786d520a1a77c0af1a1a.png