• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

You guys see this part....

READER COPY

Vault offers Reader Copies to all customers submitting comics for grading and encapsulation. Books are carefully scanned in an overhead scanning system that minimizes handling prior to grading and encapsulation. High resolution copies are sent to customers in PDF format.

So they are scanning every page of every book? Bending it open, laying if flat and scanning the whole thing? That's a positive?

Doing a quick search of NY and CA business licenses, there does not seem to be any listings for Vault Valuation LLC.

One comes up in Nevada....

No State taxes. What County?

It was registered in Las Vegas by a managing company called EastBiz.com. Doesn't give a whole lot of info on the business. It does list 2 managers, 1 in Veags and 1 in Ct. This registered agent company has over 12000 registered entities and quite a lot of them had their license revoked or permanently revoked.

Business Entity Information

Type: Domestic Limited-Liability Company Entity Number: E0476852013-4

Qualifying State: NV List of Officers Due: 10/31/2014

Managed By: Managers Expiration Date:

Foreign Name: On Admin Hold: No

NV Business ID: NV20131581501 Business License Exp: 10/31/2014

Additional Information

Central Index Key

Registered Agent Information

Name: EASTBIZ.COM, INC. Address 1: 5348 VEGAS DRIVE

Address 2: City: LAS VEGAS

State: NV Zip Code: 89108

Phone: Fax:

Mailing Address 1: Mailing Address 2:

Mailing City: Mailing State: NV

Mailing Zip Code:

Agent Type: Commercial Registered Agent - Corporation

Jurisdiction: NEVADA Status: Active

Del Mar address is a PO BOX

NYC address - don't know, looks like an apartment building off Chambers, across from a park.

Yep....just confirmed that it's a USPS and the

122 East 15th Street #2764

Del Mar, CA 92014

is just a PO Box.

And that NYC, yep that's a residential building with some store fronts...none of which seem to be a Vault-anything.

How are these people "dropping books off" and getting them back same day when, from what I see, they don't have a formal office address to drop anything off at....

Yeah if you google map both locations you can see pictures of what they are.

The Greenwich address had a 400 foot studio condo recently sell for $500,000. I guess the extra cost in grading fees covers the mortgage?

(shrug)

Doing a quick search of NY and CA business licenses, there does not seem to be any listings for Vault Valuation LLC.

It was registered in Las Vegas by a managing company called EastBiz.com. Doesn't give a whole lot of info on the business. It does list 2 managers, 1 in Veags and 1 in Ct. This registered agent company has over 12000 registered entities and quite a lot of them had their license revoked or permanently revoked.

Additional Information

Central Index Key

Mailing Zip Code:

Good stuff. You see anything on when the license was actually made? Does it match up to some point in 2012 like the site states?

I will say that it takes balls, money and some "know how" to attempt a business like this. Whoever decided to try it obviously thought it might have legs.

Additional Information

Central Index Key

Mailing Zip Code:

Good stuff. You see anything on when the license was actually made? Does it match up to some point in 2012 like the site states?

Looks like it was registered in Oct 2013.

I will say that it takes balls, money and some "know how" to attempt a business like this. Whoever decided to try it obviously thought it might have legs.

Agreed, but having someone state that they dropped their book off at lunch and got it back after (assuming) four hours is kinda detrimental in my thinking...

I know that people in the States love their ability to have big things fast. But that is just shoddy

Agreed, but having someone state that they dropped their book off at lunch and got it back after (assuming) four hours is kinda detrimental in my thinking...

I know that people in the States love their ability to have big things fast. But that is just shoddy

You can "walkthrough" a book with CGC and have it back in a few hours. (shrug)

Send some books to them, dude.

Really? hm

It takes money, sure, but it also takes a metric mess-ton of optimism to assume that anyone is going to give you their valuable collectibles when your address is a PO box, and there are no real human names of people listed anywhere on the site.

Really? hm

Sure. You pay $150 or 3% of the value of the book but walkthrough books are done same day, and if I had an Action #1, or some other 6 or 7 figure book of equal price I'd probably fly it down and be walking it through by hand.

It takes money, sure, but it also takes a metric mess-ton of optimism to assume that anyone is going to give you their valuable collectibles when your address is a PO box, and there are no real human names of people listed anywhere on the site.

Agreed. I was looking for a credible name on the site and didn't find any names.

But...but Comicart1 sent his in and got it back after his happy meal!

But.......but...Vault grading is a million times better than CGC!!