• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Infinity Gauntlet #1 but...

16 posts in this topic

Maybe I should wait until I have a scan, but here it goes.

I picked up in a collection and included were two copies of Infinity Gauntlet #1 signed by George Perez.

The thing is, the comic store that sold these comics also put a store stamp on the back cover! (Why, I have no idea.) It's about 1"x2" in size.

I'm not a signature collector (or really even seller), I was hoping you all could tell me how something like this would effect collectability and value.

(When I get home tonight, I'll scan the back cover.)

I am very curious to see what this stamp looks like. Unfortunately, I cannot see how this would have anything other than a negative effect. Is there any way to get the money for those two comics back? I do not imagine they will ever be worth much, and even with the signature they will most likely be worth less than an unsigned comic in similar condition minus the stamp.

It's going to be worth less with the unverified signature anyway.

Depends on what you're comparing it too.

It WILL most likely be worth less than a signed CGC SS comic of similar grade, especially in high grade. (But the signing and verification takes approx. $35 anyways). And if it was medium to low grade, its probably a better value than the slabbed version.

And there are plenty of people who will pay more for the comic than a raw unsigned comic in similar condition.

They were two comics in a lot of about 500, and I've more than made my money back already, so I'm not really concerned. (In fact, now I'm at the dregs of the collection, and need to find good homes for the rest. Anyone need a nice run of NFL SuperPro!? :grin: )

They were signed well before CGC, so I can't help that they're not verified.

I'll scan the back cover tonight so you can all see.

If a regular Infinity Gauntlet #1 sells for $20 (just an estimate), I was going to ask $15 (or 75%). They're in perfect/unread condition otherwise.

:facepalm: the value takes a huge hit. but if you have no plans on ever selling it. it perfect! :ohnoez:

No, I'd like to sell them. I'm just trying to figure out how best to price them (compared with other signed similar copies). I'm just don't need to sell them right now.

do they still have the COA? it's a little printed piece of paper with an identical store stamp on it. this was way before CGC and i think i got mine through an ad in CBG. it was a pretty good deal- basically cover price. just throw 'em up on ebay and see what happens. i think the ones i put up went for $10-15?

It's going to be worth less with the unverified signature anyway.

Depends on what you're comparing it too.

It WILL most likely be worth less than a signed CGC SS comic of similar grade, especially in high grade. (But the signing and verification takes approx. $35 anyways). And if it was medium to low grade, its probably a better value than the slabbed version.

And there are plenty of people who will pay more for the comic than a raw unsigned comic in similar condition.

It is worth less than an unsigned raw book.

As I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath, here is the front (where you can see the sig) and back (where you can see the stamp) of the IG #1.

I pulled it out of my convention stock, and I had it priced at $14. I had a non-autographed/stamped copy for $20.

IG1Front990_zps2da09665.jpg

IG1Back991_zpsc063b2fa.jpg