• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for you Pedigree collectors

111 posts in this topic

Circle 8 is considered a pedigree. Allentown & Denver might be the hardest to get as those collections had the smallest number of books.

I believe CGC now considers it a warehouse find, like the Mile High II. They don't label them anymore. It raises the question about River City books but, eh, whatever .

Seconded about the Circle 8. Reclassified as a warehouse find (it was at a distribution point I think?)

Is this recent? I know of a couple that were slabbed last year -- late Spring.

Worldwide has a Winnepeg Superman 74..... at least it has Dennis' signature on it..... a real sharp VG + ....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

there used to be a supe 74 on ww's site with the winnipeg sig on it.

supe74.jpg

Dang Billy you're fast!

I was born in Winnipeg and it would have been cool to grab that one.

Circle 8 is considered a pedigree. Allentown & Denver might be the hardest to get as those collections had the smallest number of books.

I believe CGC now considers it a warehouse find, like the Mile High II. They don't label them anymore. It raises the question about River City books but, eh, whatever .

Seconded about the Circle 8. Reclassified as a warehouse find (it was at a distribution point I think?)

I sent in some SA Forbidden Worlds in the fall but they wouldn't put the Circle 8 on them even though I had the COA. I don't know when the policy started.

I sent in some SA Forbidden Worlds in the fall but they wouldn't put the Circle 8 on them even though I had the COA. I don't know when the policy started.

Seems rather arbitrary. Are C8s really very different from the various file copies from Dell, Harvey etc?

Are C8s really very different from the various file copies from Dell, Harvey etc?

No, the decision is strange.

I wonder why there wasn't an announcement...

Is the first pedigree to be declassified???

It's even stranger as it's been accepted as a pedigree by collectors for almost 2 decades and for more than a decade by CGC.

Are C8s really very different from the various file copies from Dell, Harvey etc?

No, the decision is strange.

I wonder why there wasn't an announcement...

Is the first pedigree to be declassified???

It's even stranger as it's been accepted as a pedigree by collectors for almost 2 decades and for more than a decade by CGC.

I wonder why the shift, did some new information come out.

Chinatown books also seem to be very hard to find. I've never seen one for sale.

Actually, I don't think I ever seen one at all!

the kansas city tough kid squad 1 comes up now and again. i can't stand the book, and have thus never bid very hard for it.

there are alot of off-brand titles in the vancouver ped, and many are quite affordable. ww has a very high grade slabbed book right now for $300--use the advanced search, "pedigree" option. now, if it's a s/h vancouver book you want, yes, it's liable to get pricey. i ended up going with a s/h title, but with a war cover.

bb21.jpg

there are alot of off-brand titles in the vancouver ped, and many are quite affordable. ww has a very high grade slabbed book right now for $300--use the advanced search, "pedigree" option.

Vancouver is filled will lots of funny animal books *barf* :grin:

Pardon my ignorance Jeff - were the River City books a warehouse find?

there are alot of off-brand titles in the vancouver ped, and many are quite affordable. ww has a very high grade slabbed book right now for $300--use the advanced search, "pedigree" option.

Vancouver is filled will lots of funny animal books *barf* :grin:

The Vancouvers are top-notch books. The ones I've owned had very white pages.

It looks like someone already snarfed up the Blue Beetle.

I believe that is what adamstrange told me.

I wonder if this means there are multiple copies - i.e I think there are two Dark Mysteries #21, but that's my only clue.

I have two River City copies of one Long Bow issue. I'm sure mr.strange will be along soon to flesh out the story so i won't muddle it up with second-hand recollections.

I believe that is what adamstrange told me.

I wonder if this means there are multiple copies - i.e I think there are two Dark Mysteries #21, but that's my only clue.

There are multiple copies of many River City issues. There would be even more on the market if so many had not been so badly damaged. My brain's going a bit fuzzy but I recall Peets telling me at the time that they were returns/unsold items that had been saved by a distributor or seller.