• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for you Pedigree collectors

111 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about picking up 1 of every Pedigree collection. I was wondering from you experience which is the most difficult pedigree to obtain?

According to some knowledgeable GA collectors, it appears to be inordinately difficult to find GA Western Penns.

meanie.

Yeah, but he's a big meanie.

Which is much better than being a big weenie.

Or having a small weenie.

:o Who told?

Circle 8 is considered a pedigree. Allentown & Denver might be the hardest to get as those collections had the smallest number of books.

Chinatown books also seem to be very hard to find. I've never seen one for sale.

Actually, I don't think I ever seen one at all!

Going to the thread called "Chinatown pedigree" might be a good place to start. :baiting:

Interesting thread. Not a good look for CGC when they offered pedigree status at launch, only to yank out the rug later.

Because the Windy Citys were dispersed prior to CGC and that most of them don't have A. Wallace's name on the FC, WCs are tough to find. I bet there are less than 20 copies graded and authenticated by CGC.

Because the Windy Citys were dispersed prior to CGC and that most of them don't have A. Wallace's name on the FC, WCs are tough to find. I bet there are less than 20 copies graded and authenticated by CGC.

cgc authentication? i don't need no stinkin' cgc authentication! cuz i got mr. wallace's signature.

cbw1.jpg

Sherwood - not CGC recognized and not in a CGC "Sherwood" holder

there are 4 cgc designated Sherwood's...2 batman's and 2 police I believe...

mine, police 28 and bat 21 are the 3 i've seen. i do not know exactly what book got the 4th label.

I am lucky enough to own three. The other book is a raw Little Roquefort #1 :facepalm:

cowgirl_romances_1_60-windycity.jpg

spectacular_features_mag3_75-windycity.jpg

cgc authentication? i don't need no stinkin' cgc authentication! cuz i got mr. wallace's signature.

cbw1.jpg

Thanks for posting this, Billy. It brought a tear to my eye. So cool seeing this again after all these years.

I am lucky enough to own three. The other book is a raw Little Roquefort #1 :facepalm:

cowgirl_romances_1_60-windycity.jpg

spectacular_features_mag3_75-windycity.jpg

Here are my notes on these two books:

Cowgirl Romances 1 - "VF - Beautiful!" It's too bad that someone added color touch to the cover - it wasn't necessary.

Spectacular Features 3 - "Fine - OK." I guess I was a bit harsh on the grade...

they be kinda pricey.

The Rom 1 is quite reasonable. :D

True, but you'd have to be deranged, or on some serious drugs, to pay $29,000 for an Iron Fist #14, variant or no

A scarce book, I guess, but yeah that's about as out there a price as you are likely to see. Either accidentally or otherwise, the serial number is illegible. hm

For what it's worth, I count 24 issues on GPA.

Well, that's pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

i've had 3 windy city's; the crimes by women that's the current w.c. rep in the type-set, yankee 1 [it was in a purple holder], and wham 1 [which i got back to the g.a.tor once he reembarked on the centaur trek].

it is a pretty tough one, to be sure.