• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for you Pedigree collectors

111 posts in this topic

CGC Recognized that I don't own

Blanks-Salida

Chicago

Curator

Don and Maggie Thompson

Green River

Kansas City

Massachusetts

Northland

Oakland

San Francisco

Windy City

Non-CGC Recognized that I don't own

Cape Cod

Cookville

Edenwald

Harold Curtis

Selkirk

Toledo

Williamsport

Ok cheetah, then here's the question.... WHY? As in WHY dont you own any of them?

Is it a matter of the right book at the right price hasnt come up?

Just curious, since you have such a great collection I wonder what keeps you from having them all

Just for grins and giggles, I put together a list of the pedigrees I own and those I don't.

"D" Copy - prior to the revelation that D stood for Davis Crippen

Allentown

Aurora

Bethlehem

Big Apple

Billy Wright

Boston

Bowling Green

Carson City

Central Valley

Circle 8

Cosmic Aeroplane

Crowley Copy

Crowley/File Copy

Davis Crippen "D" Copy

Denver

Detroit Trolley - not CGC recognized

Don Rosa

Edgar Church

Eldon - not CGC recognized

File Copy

Gaines File Copy

Hawkeye

Larson

Lloyd Jacquet - not CGC recognized

Lost Valley

Mile High II - not CGC recognized

Mohawk Valley

New Hampshire - not CGC recognized

Northford

Nova Scotia

Ohio

Okajima

Pacific Coast

Palo Alto

Pennsylvania

Recil Macon

River City

Rockford

Rocky Mountain

Savannah

Sherwood - not CGC recognized and not in a CGC "Sherwood" holder

Spokane

Suscha News

Twilight

Twin Cities

Vancouver

Western Penn

White Mountain

Winnipeg

Blanks-Salida

Chicago

Curator

Don and Maggie Thompson

Green River

Kansas City

Massachusetts

Northland

Oakland

San Francisco

Windy City

Cape Cod

Cookville

Edenwald

Harold Curtis

Selkirk

Toledo

Williamsport

So ya need an Edenwald, huh? hm

RAD165EC2009115_192425.jpg

My list of wants is nearly endless. But I didn't know that collection went any earlier than Silver Age.

....Edenwald was a collection within a collection..... each original owner, although the final owner probably added some Ditko books from second hand sources. I've often wondered if this may have been Conrad's collection and that he was the "friend" who bought the manilla folder books from the kid at the incinerator.... he was certainly a lifelong Ditko fan.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

nothing makes me go "OMG Wee!" more than picking up a pedigree book that's 1: part of what I am trying to collect & 2: from a Pedigree I previously didn't have one of :)

Just bought this Lost Valley

hu54bk.jpg

nothing makes me go "OMG Wee!" more than picking up a pedigree book that's 1: part of what I am trying to collect & 2: from a Pedigree I previously didn't have one of :)

Just bought this Lost Valley

hu54bk.jpg

Excellent book :applause:

A

Blanks-Salida

Chicago

Curator

Don and Maggie Thompson

Green River

Kansas City

Massachusetts

Northland

Oakland

San Francisco

Windy City

Cape Cod

Cookville

Edenwald

Harold Curtis

Selkirk

Toledo

Williamsport

Ok cheetah, then here's the question.... WHY? As in WHY dont you own any of them?

Is it a matter of the right book at the right price hasnt come up?

Just curious, since you have such a great collection I wonder what keeps you from having them all

It's not going to be exciting but here are the reasons.

Blanks-Salida - The only issues I've seen for sale were Heroic Comics and I haven't been actively pursuing that title.

Chicago - never had a chance to buy one.

Curator - had one Avengers in this pedigree but sold it along with the rest.

Don and Maggie Thompson - didn't have any titles I collect in the last Heritage auction. I'll get one eventually.

Green River - had one, sold it.

Kansas City - I've only seen the Marvel Comics 1 for sale.

Massachusetts - had some, sold them.

Northland - had some, sold them.

Oakland - Same.

San Francisco - had some but had to sell them a couple of years ago. I think West has bought all the available copies now. One of the Top-Notches I have coming from Metro is a San Fran copy.

Windy City - I had one but sold it to. Billy Parker because he wanted it more than I did.

b]Non-CGC Recognized that I don't own[/b]

Cape Cod - never seen one in a title/grade that I collect. Worldwide is the only place I know who has them.

Cookville - Same as Cape Cod

Edenwald - didn't know they went into GA until today.

Harold Curtis - the only ones I've seen we're low grade.

Selkirk - I know nothing about this one.

Toledo - I've only seen Billy's Planet 1 for sale from this pedigree.

Williamsport - same as Cape Cod.

I believe that is what adamstrange told me.

I wonder if this means there are multiple copies - i.e I think there are two Dark Mysteries #21, but that's my only clue.

There are multiple copies of many River City issues. There would be even more on the market if so many had been so badly damaged. My brain's going a bit fuzzy but I recall Peets telling me at the time that they were returns/unsold items that had been saved by a distributor or seller.

Thanks Adam - that sheds a completely different light on them. All these years I've carried the assumption they were an OO collection like the Spokanes. And there I thought I knew stuff. (Please don't tell me the Spokanes are a warehouse find!)

Thanks Adam! Are there multiple copies of Mysterious Adventures #21 from River City, do you know? I have one, but if there are other(s) would love to see them. :)

I wonder if this means there are multiple copies - i.e I think there are two Dark Mysteries #21, but that's my only clue.

There are multiple copies of many River City issues. There would be even more on the market if so many had been so badly damaged. My brain's going a bit fuzzy but I recall Peets telling me at the time that they were returns/unsold items that had been saved by a distributor or seller.

Thanks Adam - that sheds a completely different light on them. All these years I've carried the assumption they were an OO collection like the Spokanes. And there I thought I knew stuff. (Please don't tell me the Spokanes are a warehouse find!)

Thanks Adam! Are there multiple copies of Mysterious Adventures #21 from River City, do you know? I have one, but if there are other(s) would love to see them. :)

I have not seen multiple copies of that book but that doesn't mean that there weren't any.

I have not seen multiple copies of that book but that doesn't mean that there weren't any.

Thanks Adam! :) It's not like there aren't at least a few high grades of it out there, I've seen a couple at least, but they weren't River Citys.

It raises the question about River City books
There are multiple copies of many River City issues. There would be even more on the market if so many had not been so badly damaged. My brain's going a bit fuzzy but I recall Peets telling me at the time that they were returns/unsold items that had been saved by a distributor or seller.

I don't believe any of the three fellows who purchased River City books directly from the widow were ever informed of the OO's occupation. Brian believes he was a collector whose obsessive-compulsive desire to hoard extended well beyond comics. Apparently, the cottage, garage, and carport were full to the brim with a variety of stuff -- most notably comics, model trains, newspapers, and tools. There were duplicates of a very small percentage of the books -- most notably Mad #1 and the first Turok (Four Color #596). However, most collections include some duplicates. The Circle 8 and River City collections are two completely different beasts.

I've been thinking about picking up 1 of every Pedigree collection. I was wondering from you experience which is the most difficult pedigree to obtain?

According to some knowledgeable GA collectors, it appears to be inordinately difficult to find GA Western Penns.

meanie.

Yeah, but he's a big meanie.

Which is much better than being a big weenie.

Or having a small weenie.