• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox lights Bat Signal - "Gotham" pilot ordered

44 posts in this topic

A 12-year-old Bruce Wayne will be one of "Gotham's" main characters, chairman Kevin Reilly told critics at Fox's winter press tour today, along with younger versions of classic "Batman" villains such as The Joker, The Penguin, The Riddler, and Catwoman. "This is an origin story," he declared, describing it as "an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality to it" set in a "Gotham teetering on the edge."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/fox-s--gotham--prequel-promises-a-young-bruce-wayne--classic--batman--villains-203629027.html

Didn't they try this already with the failed "Birds of Prey" a decade ago?

I'd rather see them adapt "Gotham Central"--a tight "Law & Order"-type procedural set in Gotham that would facilitate occasional guest appearances of an adult Batman & villains.

I'd rather see them adapt "Gotham Central"--a tight "Law & Order"-type procedural set in Gotham that would facilitate occasional guest appearances of an adult Batman & villains.

this

but i'll take a young Bruce Wayne

It's an interesting concept to see Bruce growing and dealing with the death of his parents, not sure about the younger versions of his rogue's gallery, though. At least they plan on keeping the dark tone of the Nolan films.

It will have the tone of the Arrow show, more than likely.

:whistle:

-slym

this

but i'll take a young Bruce Wayne

hm .... a period before Bruce commits to costume but is starting to get his hands "dirty"....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You guys are disappointing me.

What a freakin' dumb idea. Honestly?

It makes everything Batman look like a joke.

Peace,

Chip

I'm afraid I have to agree. A 12 year old batman? And pre-teen versions of his rogues gallery? This sounds pretty bad. However, I'll give it a shot. I just started watching arrow on netflix, and I've been amazed at how good it is.

You guys are disappointing me.

What a freakin' dumb idea. Honestly?

It makes everything Batman look like a joke.

Peace,

Chip

Agreed. I get what they are going for, to a degree, but the Smallville approach doesn't seem to work for me without the superpowers.

It's an interesting concept to see Bruce growing and dealing with the death of his parents, not sure about the younger versions of his rogue's gallery, though. At least they plan on keeping the dark tone of the Nolan films.

It will have the tone of the Arrow show, more than likely.

:whistle:

-slym

:sick: That's what I was thinking too.