• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, spreads said:

lol

They're consignment pieces....so I want to know if the owner is the same on both books.....

You think it's the same person you got your 2 from?

On 4/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, Dr. Dank said:

You think it's the same person you got your 2 from?

Lol, I didn't get mine from MCS, I thought I already mentioned that....I'm almost certain the owner subscribes to this thread, let's all talk mess about him/her until they come out here to defend themselves!  

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Pandama still selling....I wonder how many of these she's sitting on.  Could be a large stack.....

Link?

On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Doesn't seem to be selling on ebay, can't find her and I have her saved 

Well . I'm trying to get a few for the PC. If you come up on her anywhere please let me know 🙏 

Got her saved on ebay too and didn't see them either so was hoping I had missed something obvious 

1 hour ago, jerkcomic said:

Well . I'm trying to get a few for the PC. If you come up on her anywhere please let me know 🙏 

Got her saved on ebay too and didn't see them either so was hoping I had missed something obvious 

Yeah I'll post it here and @Balsug can update his excel sheet 

Personally, I gave up on the ashcans and practically gave mine away. Have two left 

On 6/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Personally, I gave up on the ashcans and practically gave mine away. Have two left 

Yeah I lost my entire collection about 15 years ago and have been slowly picking stuff up as I see it. Was only missing 2 for a complete set... doubt I'll ever get that close again but it would be cool to get a set of blues and some reds.  And if you feel the need to practically give away any of your other ashcans lemme know, haha!

On 6/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, Dr. Dank said:

$1500 for a #3 yellow is definitely not giving them away....for people that were watching the prices of these books from 2005-2010, if it weren't for a few spec sites, no one would be paying anywhere close to what they're selling for.  Keith and The Maxx were great, but let's call a spade a spade here, this title ran for three years, and the fan base is very niches (cult-like).

Edited by spreads

On 6/5/2021 at 11:03 PM, jerkcomic said:

Yeah I lost my entire collection about 15 years ago and have been slowly picking stuff up as I see it. Was only missing 2 for a complete set... doubt I'll ever get that close again but it would be cool to get a set of blues and some reds.  And if you feel the need to practically give away any of your other ashcans lemme know, haha!

I'm in the same boat as you, sold a lot of my valuable comics 8-12 years ago to put that money toward other things....I'm slowly building it back, but I can afford to be picky because personally if I have 2-3k to spend on a book I'm going after GA Batman over a Maxx Ashcan.....it's less of a how badly do I want it versus can I afford it, and that's a different answer for every buyer....

$1500 for a #3 yellow is definitely not giving them away....for people that were watching the prices of these books from 2005-2010, if it weren't for a few spec sites, no one would be paying anywhere close to what they're selling for.  Keith and The Maxx were great, but let's call a spade a spade here, this title ran for three years, and the fan base is very niches (cult-like).

Considering we've hardly seen yellows, while reds and blues come and go quite commonly. 

We know how many black 2s are floating around, while 1 and 3 have turned up less than 10.

Not sure about cult like status. The same people have been Yankee swapping ashcans and test prints for over  a decade until some new blood have been trickling in

Fact is not many like the Maxx. If it ever becomes popular (Huge if. Sam's art is eclectic, the story is convoluted, and not many get it) then real numbers will start to show and books may start to come out of the woodwork. 

Honestly though, having Maxx team up with one of the most popular comic book characters of all time and it barely registers a blip, those books are going to forever be kept in high humidity attics  

On 6/7/2021 at 10:12 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Considering we've hardly seen yellows, while reds and blues come and go quite commonly. 

We know how many black 2s are floating around, while 1 and 3 have turned up less than 10.

Not sure about cult like status. The same people have been Yankee swapping ashcans and test prints for over  a decade until some new blood have been trickling in

Fact is not many like the Maxx. If it ever becomes popular (Huge if. Sam's art is eclectic, the story is convoluted, and not many get it) then real numbers will start to show and books may start to come out of the woodwork. 

Honestly though, having Maxx team up with one of the most popular comic book characters of all time and it barely registers a blip, those books are going to forever be kept in high humidity attics  

The point is it's a dead title that lasted for a few years.....how many titles have done that over the decades, hundreds and into the thousands.  There are lots of very rare obscure books that sell for okay money, but nothing like the maxx ashcans.  But we're in a speculative age mostly fueled with cheap interest rates, so until that changes......:flipbait:

Selling a book maybe 5 people in the world care about for five figures....wouldn't say that's anxious, lol....

I dunno, I give him credit, the possibility of them going for the prices he set isn't as crazy as the times he's done it in the past