• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2022 at 8:25 PM, The Meta said:

Ah Maxximized

I couldn't bring myself to get the reissue

There is huge difference in colors with all new digital hand painting over the original lines. A far superior remaster. Also, they went back and rescanned the original inked art for a higher resolution to work with on the coloring. You should consider the collected editions. Not those expensive hardbacks but the Maxxed Out paperback. Also, here’s an article with some more details. I believe Sam shifted the order of some storylines around.

https://www.cbr.com/behind-the-scenes-of-the-maxx-maxximized-with-sam-kieth/

2ABAB083-78D0-47FD-B437-A21693C72267.jpeg

Edited by ▫️

On 3/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, ▫️ said:

There is huge difference in colors with all new digital hand painting over the original lines. A far superior remaster. Also, they went back and rescanned the original inked art for a higher resolution to work with on the coloring. You should consider the collected editions. Not those expensive hardbacks but the Maxxed Out paperback. Also, here’s an article with some more details. I believe Sam shifted the order of some storylines around.

https://www.cbr.com/behind-the-scenes-of-the-maxx-maxximized-with-sam-kieth/

2ABAB083-78D0-47FD-B437-A21693C72267.jpeg

I have the giant sized Maxx artbook already lol

I have a couple of Maxximized issues, but found it nothing to write home about. 

Only thing left for me is to nab a ashcan set when one is available, and maybe a OA cover, probably after Sam dies, if he doesn't throw the one I want away in the meantime 

On 3/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, The Meta said:

I like the first one, very nice

Also, very surprised that Maxx stuff seems to still be bleeding its way into the market

Maybe my collection isnt just as laughable as I think

Agreed, love the 1st also. 

Silver glints so well. 

Patrick

On 10/13/2023 at 11:33 AM, underw0rld said:

The TRUE 1st Maxx appearance and a Newsstand at that!

WIZARD16NEWSSTAND-96.jpg

Steady Hand? or a real good camera? lol 

I have my old issues of Wizards too, congrats on yours! ^^

On 10/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, underw0rld said:

Those are a CGC employees orange fingernails.

lol that's what was throwing me off too, the pic almost looks as a scan would, but then the thumb.

Still nice! for CGC to take those kinds of photos, I almost thought you were at NYCC? or maybe cgc took a pic some other way...

All good :) 

I'd use their pics as well, but I don't have a scanner, myself, for slabs :eek: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/17/2023 at 8:04 AM, spreads said:

Does anyone have a pic of the Silver foil 1/2?  I see on one the census, is this an error of the gold?  Even rarer than the red and blue!

That issue will always remain a mystery on who owns it and what it looks like.