• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here watches Comic Book Men???

110 posts in this topic

As someone who is new to comics, I think it's actually a good introduction to comic books. I just got into comics in the last two years because of Walking Dead and Comic Book Men along with their podcasts definitely helped build my interest.

I think the podcasts are MUCH better than what they put on TV.

The show is meh, and I'll put it on in the background as I'm doing stuff. It's filler IMO, but it doesn't do any harm.

People need to stop thinking its about comic books.

Its obvious that its about the personalities behind the store..

A show strictly about comics and values would never last on the air

true story

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this thread and to the CGC boards. This caught my attention and I thought that I might use this as a jumping-in point. Do you think

that an intelligent and truly knowledgable show about comic books could have a chance at mass appeal and success? Please check out this video by Greg Eide from Eide's Entertainment in Pittsburgh. This video was shot very off-the-cuff, and in one take but I think it contains some very honestly impressive and useful information especially for people who are new to the comics community

As a fan of Kevin Smith's films I was anxious to check out Comic Book Men, but was quite disappointed at the lack of any real information or knowledge imparted by the staff of "Hidden Stash." Aside from lacking "real" information there also seems to be a good deal of misinformation about the current values of items featured on the show. In contrast, I find Greg, his staff and store to be truly and refreshingly on-the-mark - Not to mention that the store is huge (4 floors) and has an enormous inventory of old and valuable comics.

I think these are the REAL freaking' comic book men.

Comic Book Grading (Certified Guaranty Company)

The show sucks. Period. It gives us all a bad name.

Peace,

Chip

Okay.... He's right lol

I guess so (shrug)

I get embarrassed (that I am watching it) when I am watching it with others - so yeah it's toast.

I watch the show. Not that I really find it particularly good, but rather I get the sense these guys really enjoy the business they're in and I like seeing that.

I worked in a comic shop for two years as a teen before I went into the USMC. Those were some fun geeky times and watching these guys remind me of those days.

I DVR it and watch them in the background when I'm reading a comic from time to time. I like it better now that it is a half hour. I just watch it to see what items come in the door. I don't really care about the "plot of the week".

I'm sorry everyone, I meant to post the actual YouTube video clip in my first post, but only succeeded in posting the link to the video.

Can anyone please help and advise as to how I can embed the actual video in my post. Thank you.

Go to youtube, click on "share", copy the code that drops down, paste it in here, make sure you click the little window under the window you are typing in on this forum and choose using HTML and UBB and that should do it.

I worked in a comic shop for two years as a teen before I went into the USMC. Those were some fun geeky times and watching these guys remind me of those days.

+1

I think that's why I like it - it reminds me of the good ole' days of working in the comic shop.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this thread and to the CGC boards. This caught my attention and I thought that I might use this as a jumping-in point. Do you think

that an intelligent and truly knowledgable show about comic books could have a chance at mass appeal and success? Please check out this video by Greg Eide from Eide's Entertainment in Pittsburgh. This video was shot very off-the-cuff, and in one take but I think it contains some very honestly impressive and useful information especially for people who are new to the comics community

As a fan of Kevin Smith's films I was anxious to check out Comic Book Men, but was quite disappointed at the lack of any real information or knowledge imparted by the staff of "Hidden Stash." Aside from lacking "real" information there also seems to be a good deal of misinformation about the current values of items featured on the show. In contrast, I find Greg, his staff and store to be truly and refreshingly on-the-mark - Not to mention that the store is huge (4 floors) and has an enormous inventory of old and valuable comics.

"CGC do not take into the account the age of a comic when grading"

LIES!

Secret Stash...