• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2021 at 7:49 PM, ft88 said:

Are raw copies more rare these days? Raise you hand if you've read this book from an original!

:hi:

:hi:

Great story. There are so many undiscovered gems out there. I know it's not luck that you came by this as you are always working at getting new collections...but it would be nice if I could get lucky like that. Congratulations.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, skyline23 said:

I am fortunate enough to have a 2.0 and  2.5 ss copy, both of which I think present pretty well for their grades (decent colors, no marvel chipping, no huge tears..I have been on the lookout of a higher grade copy in which I would consolidate these two into,  but curious from a pure "investment" perspective, what do people think typically does the best long term:  two lower grade copies like mine, or 1 low/midgrade copy (say a 4-5)? Or are there too many variables and randomness that there isn't really one right answer?

..Sorry to have yet another "investment" discussion, and if it makes a difference I would still want to consolidate to one higher grade copy regardless of what the consensus is, but just curious what people thought here...Also, if anyone has a 4-5 they are looking to sell (or perhaps trade :)) feel free to reach out :)

image.png.01960b56e87f788c94ba8343c98c883e.png

My general philosophy is, the single higher graded book is going to be a better long term investment. 

If we do see the price correction that @G.A.tor mentioned and that we did see for IH181 and X1, a higher graded copy will be less impacted in my opinion.

lucky for you, you can't really go wrong with either scenerio. I've seen your copies before and both have fantastic eye appeal for the grade. 

On 9/30/2021 at 6:18 AM, Glassman10 said:

It doesn't appear that that accounts for the buyers premium nor does it account for the sales tax.  Am I missing something?

Further, an auction guarantees you some publicity but it certainly doesn't guarantee the final price. 

dont know what you are referring to here. but if it is the record comiclink result, there is no BP on comiclink, and sales tax is not included since those with resale permits, such as dealers, are exempt, along with those who live in states with no sales tax. 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, Glassman10 said:

It doesn't appear that that accounts for the buyers premium nor does it account for the sales tax.  Am I missing something?

Further, an auction guarantees you some publicity but it certainly doesn't guarantee the final price. 

As a seller, I am not concerned with sales tax a potential buyer would pay if I sell via consignment. For many, that is not a concern.  
And a dealer promotes a book , just as an auction house promotes a book, so depending on preference, may or may not affect a Consignors net  

i was referring to a seller consigning a nice af15 5.0 with heritage, I would negotiate no sellers fees and I would negotiate a negative buyer premium rate so that my “net “ would be 90% of the realized sale price (including bp). So if the book sold 50k+10k buyer premium, heritage would pay me 54k (90% of 60k)

with a dealer, if they are 8.7% and They sold for 60k, you would net 54,780. So you could do 1.3% better. 

the difference is that with an  auction , you have potential for more reward with more risk versus a retail seller where the price is set, you have only potential reduction if a lower offer is accepted. 

both are great options and some have personal preferences , but the net diff is often still about fmv less a comparable commission 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, skyline23 said:

I am fortunate enough to have a 2.0 and  2.5 ss copy, both of which I think present pretty well for their grades (decent colors, no marvel chipping, no huge tears..I have been on the lookout of a higher grade copy in which I would consolidate these two into,  but curious from a pure "investment" perspective, what do people think typically does the best long term:  two lower grade copies like mine, or 1 low/midgrade copy (say a 4-5)? Or are there too many variables and randomness that there isn't really one right answer?

..Sorry to have yet another "investment" discussion, and if it makes a difference I would still want to consolidate to one higher grade copy regardless of what the consensus is, but just curious what people thought here...Also, if anyone has a 4-5 they are looking to sell (or perhaps trade :)) feel free to reach out :)

image.png.01960b56e87f788c94ba8343c98c883e.png

This is just me, but I would keep the two as is -- I definitely wouldn't trade a 2.0 and a 2.5 for one 4.5 or 5.0 . I'd rather have two of this major key, and "just in case" you wanted/needed to shore up some cash, you could use one for that and still have one as a keeper.

I didn’t know it was rule of this thread I couldn’t and could care less to be honest . I’m not posting because certain personalities have issues with it . Last I checked I was last “new “ post of AF15 added to PC it’s going to get boring watching people repost old pictures of the same books . That’s the new reality with current prices .

Edited by Subby1938

On 10/9/2021 at 8:31 PM, alexgross.com said:

it is indeed a huge result. its hard to believe. this is the right place to post this. ignore haters. 

a bit of an exaggeration, no? there is now a thread for those obsessed with the price of this book. perhaps a better place.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, NoMan said:

a bit of an exaggeration, no? there is now a thread for those obsessed with the price of this book. perhaps a better place.

I can see the argument from both sides, but I do think this thread will be very infrequently updated without the price updates. 

When it costs as much as a new car to pick up a 1.8, the new buyers posting here will be fewer and fewer. 

On 10/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, Aman619 said:

wow.  that was quick.   tumbleweeds blowing by already!

Yeah, notice how much less traffic there are on the boards here in months like this when there are no major auctions on the go.  zzz

The thing I can't quite figure out is why the 3 major auction houses all run there big auctions on the same month and then there seems to a long 2-month down period where not much is happening in terms of the big auctions.  Would it actually be beet if they spread themselves out a bit and fill out some of these down times instead of trying to beat each other down in the same monthly time slots? :slapfight: :slapfight:  ???

I don’t think the issue was posting auction results, we did see people posting an update every time a bid was made on the auctions running. Folks would post an update, log into their other user account and repeat the same info.

I like seeing new owners post their books but based on traffic that may not be reality any longer.