• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2021 at 6:33 AM, NoMan said:

Yeah, prices are maybe falling a bit

I probably missed a data point or something, but GPA shows that the last 7.0 sale was $204k just in mid november, so wouldn't this latest $242k sale for the chipped 7.0 indicate prices are actually still heavily increasing?

On 12/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, skyline23 said:

I probably missed a data point or something, but GPA shows that the last 7.0 sale was $204k just in mid november, so wouldn't this latest $242k sale for the chipped 7.0 indicate prices are actually still heavily increasing?

Perhaps. My entire life is one big, missed data point. I rarely know what I'm talking about.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Amazing Fantasy 15 field trip! I went to my local movie theater today to buy tickets for my family to see the new Spiderman movie on Friday and decided to bring along my AF15 for a photo op with the film's poster. I was the only person in the lobby so it wasn't too nerve wracking lol!

Screenshot_20211215-154712_Gallery.jpg

cool idea. :idea:

On 12/15/2021 at 4:01 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Amazing Fantasy 15 field trip! I went to my local movie theater today to buy tickets for my family to see the new Spiderman movie on Friday and decided to bring along my AF15 for a photo op with the film's poster. I was the only person in the lobby so it wasn't too nerve wracking lol!

Holy.  If I tried that in NYC...in Hell's Kitchen or anywhere else....

On 12/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, Pantodude said:

Holy.  If I tried that in NYC...in Hell's Kitchen or anywhere else....

I figured since I was only buying tickets for Friday's show that I could do a quick in and out with the AF15. Luckily, not only was the lobby empty, but the No Way Home poster was on the wall right next to the ticket window - so I quickly paid for my tickets, removed the AF15 from the bubble wrapper I transported it in, and snapped a selfie before heading back to the car. It took about five minutes in total lol!

On 12/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, Cushing Fan said:

I figured since I was only buying tickets for Friday's show that I could do a quick in and out with the AF15. Luckily, not only was the lobby empty, but the No Way Home poster was on the wall right next to the ticket window - so I quickly paid for my tickets, removed the AF15 from the bubble wrapper I transported it in, and snapped a selfie before heading back to the car. It took about five minutes in total lol!

are you going to take your AF15 on friday to see the actual movie? curious how he/she/they will like it...

On 12/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, alexgross.com said:

are you going to take your AF15 on friday to see the actual movie? curious how he/she/they will like it...

Nope, I was nervous enough taking my AF15 for a ride in the car and five minutes in the theater - no way I could enjoy the film worrying about the book lol!

On 12/15/2021 at 4:01 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Now that’s a mustache!

On 12/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, Cushing Fan said:

You are a far braver man than I am.  :fourleafclover: Also, it's always nice to have a face to go along with a name.

By the way, if I had known that you were a movie/TV star, I would have asked for more money for this AF #15 I sold you. lol

Edited by Math Teacher

On 12/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, Math Teacher said:

You are a far braver man than I am.  :fourleafclover: Also, it's always nice to have a face to go along with a name.

By the way, if I had known that you were a movie/TV star, I would have asked for more money for this AF #15 I sold you. lol

Lol, not exactly a star. My meager background and featured roles are just starting to get me bigger and speaking parts. I scored the role of a Victorian doctor in a low budget horror film scheduled to film in the Spring. I'd love to pop up in a Marvel film - almost got picked for background work on Netflix Punisher series years ago.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Nope, I was nervous enough taking my AF15 for a ride in the car and five minutes in the theater - no way I could enjoy the film worrying about the book lol!

Just sit on it to protect it.  The new design of the slab makes it virtually indestructible.  Or use the slab as a tray for your buttered popcorn and Coke.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Lol, not exactly a star. My meager background and featured roles are just starting to get me bigger and speaking parts. I scored the role of a Victorian doctor in a low budget horror film scheduled to film in the Spring. I'd love to pop up in a Marvel film - almost got picked for background work on Netflix Punisher series years ago.

You are braver than I am, but awesome picture! 

I have a coworker who was an extra in the Swamp Thing tv show. He is a pharmacist in real life and was supposed to be in the background at a hospital. But the actor who was supposed to play the doctor couldn't pronounce the drug names in the scene, so they let him have a speaking role. 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:49 PM, KCOComics said:

You are braver than I am, but awesome picture! 

I have a coworker who was an extra in the Swamp Thing tv show. He is a pharmacist in real life and was supposed to be in the background at a hospital. But the actor who was supposed to play the doctor couldn't pronounce the drug names in the scene, so they let him have a speaking role. 

Very cool! You never know what you might be asked to do or get bumped up on set as a lot of decisions are made on the fly.