• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, NoMan said:

where you getting coke for 10? It was always 25 down at 5th and Main

the old dial coke machine at my uncle's office. he never changed the price. persistant about inflation. right next door to the store so 2 birds with one stone.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Last sale I saw was on Heritage for $15,600. I have a feeling, after seeing the prices of these pages, a coverless copy is over $20k now…

2EF000E1-D655-4941-8D77-05FC7E35788E.jpeg

Sweet Swiss cheese holed Jesus on a stick! My friend has a 0.5 SS CGC copy (restored cover due to CT and glue) signed by Stan Lee that we've been trying to value and I've pegged it as being a $15-17k book last time I crunched numbers...but now, he could crack it, remove the interior and sell it for basically that amount and still have a signed cover wrap to sell which I assume would clear at least $8k on its own. This world is bonkers.

On 1/24/2022 at 7:32 AM, Math Teacher said:

I sure hope these sellers are not destroying perfectly good AF 15s in the quest to earn more money. Blasphemy!

Adam is top notch, I miss his board sales but have added a lot to my GA collection with his Sunday ebay auctions.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, gadzukes said:

Definitely one to get the graders notes on to see where and how much CT was added.  I think I see some at the 12c circle.  You might be able to get a Blue label on this one if it's just a few spots.

Looks great as is. Sometimes when you remove the CT the cover looks like melting dripping vanilla ice cream.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:40 PM, peewee22 said:

Yeah the label may but the book may not.

I 100% agree with you but WAY too may people still buy the label and not the book, especially in today’s crazy market. (Plus if he is looking to sell it down the road it is definitely worthwhile for him to at least look into it)

On 1/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, gadzukes said:

Definitely one to get the graders notes on to see where and how much CT was added.  I think I see some at the 12c circle.  You might be able to get a Blue label on this one if it's just a few spots.

Graders notes on this one is pretty vague so he would have to find the CT himself and determine.

Note on Resto below.

small amount of color touch on cover

On 1/28/2022 at 8:18 AM, AnkurJ said:

Few recent sales on GPA 

7.0 on 1/13 $252k
5.5 on 1/14 $132k :whatthe:
5.0 on 1/23 $78,000

4.5 1/16 $66,000

2.5 on 1/24 $42,300

Also this 4.0 sale from comiclink on 1/15.  Between this sale and the 5.5 on HA for $132k, it goes to show the price driver of white pages on this book (where the page quality is actually rare).

AF15_CL_011522.thumb.jpg.ac32a1eded0ae742dadea9de72857238.jpg

Edited by DST

On 2/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, DST said:

Also this 4.0 sale from comiclink on 1/15.  Between this sale and the 5.5 on HA for $132k, it goes to show the price driver of white pages on this book (where the page quality is actually rare).

AF15_CL_011522.thumb.jpg.ac32a1eded0ae742dadea9de72857238.jpg

The 5.5 actually went for $120k on heritage, which is very close to what the 5.5 on comiclink , without "white pages" on the label sold for shortly after ($117k), and the 4.0 that sold on comilink for $78k is also consistent with other recent 4.0 sales of copies that do not have "white pages" on the label.  

In short, no consistent or qualifiable differences in prices are observed based on that alone.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 2/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, Jaydogrules said:

The 5.5 actually went for $120k on heritage, which is very close to what the 5.5 on comiclink , without "white pages" on the label sold for shortly after ($117k), and the 4.0 that sold on comilink for $78k is also consistent with other recent 4.0 sales of copies that do not have "white pages" on the label.  

In short, no consistent or qualifiable differences in prices are observed based on that alone.  

-J.

The sale price was corrected to $120k but for awhile was showing as $132k.

C3B340FD-BD38-48CF-8BEA-D5FB27593F84.jpeg.e9eb0cc8bddc4befab09fab1937bded0.jpeg

I’m not getting into a debate with you regarding page quality.  You’ve beat that drum to death over the years.  

On 2/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, Jaydogrules said:

That's because no two books are exactly alike. If they were, and PQ were the only difference, you can bet the house the book with better PQ would sell for more. 

When no two books are alike, it is ONE factor of many that people use in how to bid.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, VintageComics said:

That's because no two books are exactly alike. If they were, and PQ were the only difference, you can bet the house the book with better PQ would sell for more. 

When no two books are alike, it is ONE factor of many that people use in how to bid.

Agreed.  

But therein lies the rub.  The odds of two otherwise identical books being offered publicly simultaneously are slim to none and it is impossible to jump inside the heads of every bidder to divine which factors did or did not play a role in their bidding.

-J.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

But therein lies the rub.  The odds of two otherwise identical books being offered publicly simultaneously are slim to none and it is impossible to jump inside the heads of every bidder to divine which factors did or did not play a role in their bidding.

No it isn't impossible. This hobby is built on paying more for 'better' so any quality that makes a book 'better' or more appealing will increases how much someone is willing to pay. Not in every instance, but over all, on average you will see it affect prices. 

Edited by VintageComics