• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

I wonder if it is my neighbour? He recently said he needed to raise some monEH! He also suddenly said he had to sell his sled dogs. He wanted me to buy his premium stockpile of maple syrup (2021 pandemic vintage)...I passed on the offer. If it is my neighbour let me know as he still owes me money from our sled deal last year. 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, blazingbob said:

If anyone is getting excited about my 1.0 selling on Ebay please be aware that this was a 0 rated buyer who paid full price from Canada.  I am NOT optimistic I will get paid.  If I do then I will confirm that. 

But until then I would hold off the "new high".  

0 rated buyer in Canada? There's only like...maybe...three of those...in all of Canada! We don't take kind to those who ain't kind, so let us know if he flakes on you, I'll walk down the street and give him a good punch in the moosh.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, tbshay said:

I thought my fellow AF15 owners would get a kick out of this clip on Pawn Stars (apologies if this is a repost).  If the grade given is correct, my 5.5 just went to a 7.5!! starts at 5:46:

Cool stamp on the cover. They did the guy a favor by not taking his price as that book is a lot more now.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, Aman619 said:

haha.  I worked this up for exactly that reason.  I have thought the Ditko covers that Marvel colored all lacked the gravitas of the darker color of the actual cover. Enjoy.

AF15-DitkoCGC-no-guy.jpg

One of the problems for me (a huge Ditko fan) is that Spidey looks like he is running and not "flying" through the air...creating a pretty awkward look...and given the ability after the fact to compare the two, Kirby's Spidey just looks so much more powerful and heroic...and flying! 2c

On 2/21/2022 at 4:59 PM, tbshay said:

I thought my fellow AF15 owners would get a kick out of this clip on Pawn Stars (apologies if this is a repost).  If the grade given is correct, my 5.5 just went to a 7.5!! starts at 5:46:

Some people will do almost anything to get on TV, including selling their books at less than 50% of FMV.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, Sauce Dog said:

0 rated buyer in Canada? There's only like...maybe...three of those...in all of Canada! We don't take kind to those who ain't kind, so let us know if he flakes on you, I'll walk down the street and give him a good punch in the moosh.

Amen brother !  O'Canada eh !

Update - I was contacted by the buyer who said he was serious about buying the book,  his bank required 5 days to clear the check/deposit and even sent me a picture of a check made out to him in Canadian funds.  He asked if I would be willing to wait until 2/28/2022.   While this was an interesting email I am not interested in waiting until the 28th since I have no idea if the check is good or that it was even deposited.  This message also occurred 3 days after buying the book,  1 day before I could cancel the transaction.  Maybe this is a legit buyer but part of me also thinks that the buyer should have done all of this before buying the book from me.  The sale has been cancelled and back up for sale on Ebay.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:34 AM, Aman619 said:

Don’t sell any AF15s!  You lucked out. Todays record sale price is just a steal for the buyer. Glassman left 50K on the table selling at a record price. 

Now you've done it. He's probably on his way back to the Boards.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, Aman619 said:

Don’t sell any AF15s!  You lucked out. Todays record sale price is just a steal for the buyer. Glassman left 50K on the table selling at a record price. 

Of course, nobody EVER knows what the future holds.

If everyone believed so much in the future appreciation, nobody would sell anything.

The flip side is that IF everyone believed in future appreciation, it probably wouldn't appreciate.

Because that's how markets work.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, DT0428 said:

The softer prices on the 4.5 and 2.5 I feel had to do with the presentation of the books.  If presented better without chipping and piece out, prices wouldve been at a premium as they usually are

Goldin Auction AF15 4.5.PNG

Goldin Auction AF15 2.5.PNG

Possible - though that 4.5 was a white pager with some pretty bold colors.    And for sure just a personal preference - but if someone gave me a choice of the Goldin 2.5 plus $17k or the Ebay 2.5 straight up (the one that sold for $55k)  - I would go Goldin and the cash      I guess with those lower grades - gotta pick which faults are most acceptable - detached covers, missing pieces, trashed spine, stains, etc.   They are all going to have something ugly about them.     I am a sucker for rich, bold colors....it can pull my eyes away from the other deficits.