• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
38 38

14,581 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2024 at 12:49 PM, Invest said:

Hello collectors, I'm interested in buying this nice copy of af15 cgc 4.0 but I'm not sure what it's worth, can you experts of determining value help me out please.

Screenshot_20240804_124334_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240804_124358_Chrome.jpg

Since you're buying expensive books, I would recommend you sign up for a GPAnalysis subscription right away. You'll have access to detailed price history, which is essential to avoid overpaying (especially in a down comic market like we're in now from the most recent 2021-2022 highs). 

Here is some GPA data for AF15 CGC 4.0.

image.thumb.png.ea6c34b9eaefbdde4da5affcc7615b86.png

image.thumb.png.64edfb2eb7798bce55b940b49866391b.png

This is the $31,200 sale from 7/15/24.

image.thumb.png.8f2bbaf4fa4926474092a7af0789474b.png

On 8/4/2024 at 10:41 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

Since you're buying expensive books, I would recommend you sign up for a GPAnalysis subscription right away. You'll have access to detailed price history, which is essential to avoid overpaying (especially in a down comic market like we're in now from the most recent 2021-2022 highs). 

Here is some GPA data for AF15 CGC 4.0.

image.thumb.png.ea6c34b9eaefbdde4da5affcc7615b86.png

image.thumb.png.64edfb2eb7798bce55b940b49866391b.png

This is the $31,200 sale from 7/15/24.

image.thumb.png.8f2bbaf4fa4926474092a7af0789474b.png

The colors on this book = hammer price $31,200

Edited by Spiderturtle

On 8/4/2024 at 4:29 PM, Invest said:

The cgc 4.0 af15 looks like a high end copy that I'm interested in, so it's hard to say what it's value is compared to the average copies.

The other thing that is very helpful with GPA is that you can view images of the recent books sold to compare them with a book you're looking to buy. The view that @Math Teacher shows above with the sold prices underlined indicates that you can view the auction house images from that sale. That's where the Heritage image of the $31,200 sale I included above came from so you can see. GPA is a vital tool to have when you're buying books at any price point but especially for more expensive ones. Otherwise, you essentially have to guess at what to pay or formulate your bid/offer without all the available sales data. I just renewed my subscription for a little more than $100 for the year. 

Edited by Lee Enterprises

On 8/5/2024 at 9:19 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

The other thing that is very helpful with GPA is that you can view images of the recent books sold to compare them with a book you're looking to buy. The view that @Math Teacher shows above with the sold prices underlined indicates that you can view the auction house images from that sale. That's where the Heritage image of the $31,200 sale I included above came from so you can see. GPA is vital tool to have when you're buying books at any price point but especially for more expensive ones. Otherwise, you essentially have to guess at what to pay or formulate your bid/offer without all the available sales data. I just renewed my subscription for a little more than $100 for the year. 

Think I'll "borrow" GPA prices from Lee and save 100 bux.:devil:

On 8/5/2024 at 10:19 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

The other thing that is very helpful with GPA is that you can view images of the recent books sold to compare them with a book you're looking to buy. The view that @Math Teacher shows above with the sold prices underlined indicates that you can view the auction house images from that sale. That's where the Heritage image of the $31,200 sale I included above came from so you can see. GPA is a vital tool to have when you're buying books at any price point but especially for more expensive ones. Otherwise, you essentially have to guess at what to pay or formulate your bid/offer without all the available sales data. I just renewed my subscription for a little more than $100 for the year. 

Hello, I noticed that the last af15 cgc 4.0 sold for $31,200 on heritage auctions, is that the price plus the 20% premium or that price minus the 20% premium?

On 8/7/2024 at 10:27 AM, Invest said:

Hello, I noticed that the last af15 cgc 4.0 sold for $31,200 on heritage auctions, is that the price plus the 20% premium or that price minus the 20% premium?

The Heritage final sale price of $31,200 included the 20% Buyer's Premium. On Heritage, you have to remember the 20% when you bid (which they calculate automatically for you before you bid so you know exactly what your total bid will be). On other sites like ComicLink, there is no buyer's premium. Either way the bidder has to decide what they are willing to pay for an item whether it's a bid + 20% to arrive at the final bid of $31,200 (Heritage) or a straight bid of $31,200 (like it would be on ComicLink).

On 8/7/2024 at 11:13 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

The Heritage final sale price of $31,200 included the 20% Buyer's Premium. On Heritage, you have to remember the 20% when you bid (which they calculate automatically for you before you bid so you know exactly what your total bid will be). On other sites like ComicLink, there is no buyer's premium. Either way the bidder has to decide what they are willing to pay for an item whether it's a bid + 20% to arrive at the final bid of $31,200 (Heritage) or a straight bid of $31,200 (like it would be on ComicLink).

So the af15 sold for around $25,000 if you take off the 20% buyers premium?

On 8/7/2024 at 12:09 PM, Invest said:

So the af15 sold for around $25,000 if you take off the 20% buyers premium?

It sold for $31,200. The buyer must have entered a bid of $26,000 and then a 20% Buyer's Premium was automatically added to that bid (before clicking the bid button) for a total winning bid of $31,200 ($26,000 x 1.20 = $31,200). $31,200 is the final sold price that shows up on Heritage and GPA. 

On 8/7/2024 at 10:18 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

It sold for $31,200. The buyer must have entered a bid of $26,000 and then a 20% Buyer's Premium was automatically added to that bid (before clicking the bid button) for a total winning bid of $31,200 ($26,000 x 1.20 = $31,200). $31,200 is the final sold price that shows up on Heritage and GPA. 

The buyer, if they're not drunk or something, knows when they're entering a max bid/price what the add-on premium is and that is what they will pay for the book.  I'm not much in the comic buying arena any more but I bid on wine all the time and it let's me know what premium I will be paying along with my max bid...plus for wine (as is at times with comics) you can elect to pay for insurance and then there is shipping if you can't pick it up at their warehouse.  So for example if you're final bid is $300 for a bottle of wine you can easily owe $350/360 for the bottle...you need to know that or you're in for a surprise.

So to reiterate, the buyer in the above case knows he's paying $31200 for the book...not $26000 for the book.  How that get's recorded on a tracking website or in someone's perception is another story perhaps.

On 8/7/2024 at 8:16 PM, trmoore54 said:

The buyer, if they're not drunk or something, knows when they're entering a max bid/price what the add-on premium is and that is what they will pay for the book.  I'm not much in the comic buying arena any more but I bid on wine all the time and it let's me know what premium I will be paying along with my max bid...plus for wine (as is at times with comics) you can elect to pay for insurance and then there is shipping if you can't pick it up at their warehouse.  So for example if you're final bid is $300 for a bottle of wine you can easily owe $350/360 for the bottle...you need to know that or you're in for a surprise.

So to reiterate, the buyer in the above case knows he's paying $31200 for the book...not $26000 for the book.  How that get's recorded on a tracking website or in someone's perception is another story perhaps.

Correct. The Heritage buyer bid at least $26,000 knowing there would be a 20% Buyer's Premium added for a total of $31,200 that he or she will need to pay (the final sold price). Heritage and other auction sites take you to a second screen (or one pops up) that makes you confirm that you know how much you are agreeing TO PAY ($31,200, in this case) in the event you end up with the highest bid. In my opinion, if a bidder is not familiar with auctions that include a Buyer's Premium, it's best to start with bidding on some items valued in the hundreds, instead of in the thousands, to get the hang of the math and avoid any big financial mistakes. 

On 8/7/2024 at 9:24 PM, Math Teacher said:

I have to flex my brain muscles every once in a while, don't I?

What's a good offer for a nice copy of amazing fantasy #15 cgc 4.0, reeses rare comics is selling one right now.

looks pretty nice  ....off white pages is nice.....$ 26,000 offer

Please send a 20% buyers premium to

ramithard

69 Lovers Lane

Fort Dodge Iowa