• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

I saw that when I was browsing the completed auctions the other night. My jaw dropped. The seller seems legit and doesnt look like he/sells comics all too often. The other items they have sold are nick nacks and such. Whoever that buyer is got a crazy deal. Crazy deal is big understatement.

Why can't I ever find deals like this? lol

Edited by jreezy

I saw that before the auction ended. Thought it was too good to be true and that the seller's account might've been hijacked so I passed. Might have been the stupidest decision or smartest decision I've made. I'll never know :(

I saw that before the auction ended. Thought it was too good to be true and that the seller's account might've been hijacked so I passed. Might have been the stupidest decision or smartest decision I've made. I'll never know :(

My vote would be for the latter.What's that old saying about when something seems too good to be true? It's not like it's hard for somebody to figure out what that comic is actually worth. Seeing it offered at literally half FMV is more than just a huge red flag.....it's a red herring. Even though PayPal will cover whomever decided to dream big and take a chance on it, it can still be a pain in the arse and take awhile to get a refund.

-J.

The buyer will be protected by Paypal. If the buyer does get the book, he/she ends up with a 10K profit. Not bad at all.

I would've pulled the trigger had I seen it active. Curious to see if the book will come back on the market at a higher price tag in the not so distant future.

The buyer will be protected by Paypal. If the buyer does get the book, he/she ends up with a 10K profit. Not bad at all.

I would've pulled the trigger had I seen it active. Curious to see if the book will come back on the market at a higher price tag in the not so distant future.

The biggest test is normally to see whether or not the buyer leaves any feedback at all. As of now, there still isn't any. The problem with scams like this is that there is always a dreamer who is willing to gamble. Therefore the scams will continue. There is an action 13 on ebay right now, and even though the real owner of the book has come forward the auction continues to get bids and has not been removed. A book offered at 10, 15, maybe even a 20 percent discount to get a quick sale. But THE mega key of the silver age offered at 50 percent off lol? Come on.

-J.

You never know ... but a seller who has been selling misc. junk for $20 or less suddenly lists a $15K to $20K book with no explanation? The chances of it being legit are very small.

You never know ... but a seller who has been selling misc. junk for $20 or less suddenly lists a $15K to $20K book with no explanation? The chances of it being legit are very small.

Without a doubt a hacked eBay account and a crook looking to get a quick sale hence the cheap price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-6-0-Marvel-Silver-Age-comic-Origin-1st-app-of-Spider-Man-/281271119855?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417d10afef&nma=true&si=FCoP8tJhPaaq%252Bz6dCsQTi1YJ6%252B0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The AF 15 CGC 7.5 in tonight's Comic Link auction sold for $59800.00. Does anyone know what the highest recorded sale is in this grade?

I've sold 3 copies in 7.5. 57500, 60,000, 65,000

Without a doubt a hacked eBay account and a crook looking to get a quick sale hence the cheap price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-6-0-Marvel-Silver-Age-comic-Origin-1st-app-of-Spider-Man-/281271119855?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417d10afef&nma=true&si=FCoP8tJhPaaq%252Bz6dCsQTi1YJ6%252B0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You gotta think, if you are selling a book of this magnitude you will be aware of market value right? But there are a lot of stupid people out there. lol

If this copy gets over 3k for a CGC .5 than you just know AF 15's are becoming more liquid than gold and no sign of slowing down anytime soon.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-Origin-1st-App-Kirby-Ditko-Marvel-Silver-Age-Comic-/380790862987?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a8e7748b

If this copy gets over 3k for a CGC .5 than you just know AF 15's are becoming more liquid than gold and no sign of slowing down anytime soon.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-Origin-1st-App-Kirby-Ditko-Marvel-Silver-Age-Comic-/380790862987?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a8e7748b

I think the same can be said for all the major silver age keys